Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a good Newbie guide!

User Info Menu

Similar to what others were saying in that other post.... Still think of it as a solo trip. Your not vacationing together your vacationing at the same time. Present it that way and expectations will be set. I use to have similar problems when I backpacked. Friends always bailed out at the last minute or keeping me "off schedule". I eventually learned to treat each trip as a solo trip, asking friends who wanted to joing to do so. I would let them know the route and the pace I was going to keep. If they wanted to spend hours taking pictures and lunching at scenic overlooks then I'll meet up with them along the trail at some point.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

It's funny because about an hour I was talking to friend #1 and she mentioned that friend #2 was talking about wanting to do some type of excursion. I told her about a few things I had done that I thought were worth it, and also added that I just wanted to chill out. I strained some ligaments in my knee about 6 weeks ago exercising, so I'm not going to be doing a lot of trekking around anyway, I'm in super recovery mode these next 3 weeks in hopes of at least getting in a few dances at the Jungle. lol.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Make it clear you are going on YOUR vacation, and where your paths cross, great, otherwise, they are on their own. The 1st one has been to JA already, so they aren't total virgins. Give them a few contacts and let them fly...

User Info Menu

Give them Tic's itinerary.. that should keep em busy! I'm with you.. chillin is good.. see you there Rastagal!
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

That's true beachgirl..they won't have a dull moment! I'm sure everything will work out fine...and I will not feel bad letting them know I will do MY vacation MY way. Thanks for the encouragement everyone..this will be an interesting trip for sure. See you there!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M