Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Lap-top or not to lap-top?

User Info Menu

To Lap-top or not to lap-top?

It feels kind of un-vactiony (please excuse the neo-logism) to bring a lap top but how else would one (for example) keep up with postings on this board while in country?

I'd like to post pix but again I'd feel a little funny bringing a laptop.

Do folks use intenet cafes or . . . well how do folks do it (post on here while on vac)?
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rum-polephoreskin View Post
    I'd like to post pix but again I'd feel a little funny bringing a laptop.

Do folks use intenet cafes or . . . well how do folks do it (post on here while on vac)?
    whatever floats your boat...........
    think a lot of it depends on where you are staying.....
    and if they have really good wifi reception for all the rooms......
    a lot resorts have a main computer for you to use if you are laptop less........
    plus there are enuff Internet cafes for you to use if need be........
    personally I bring my own......
    I can get on when I feel like it from the comforts of the room(SeaStar).......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I'll use my iPhone this year. No laptop for me.
    Chantal
    Live free or die.

User Info Menu

I have a netbook that I always bring, the size is nice and with some small usb speakers it does double duty as a sound system.

User Info Menu

I wait til I get home.-is it really going to make a big difference if you posts your pics that day as opposed to the time you get back home??(unless your really staying an extended time-then go to internet cafe and download).Last thing I want to do is drag around and worry about (and make myself more of a target to be tiefed) my electronic gadgets (including smartphones-I use a cheap Jam digicel phone).
    Unless its work related and you just HAVE to have access to your laptop...Whats the point??? Your on a vacation-take a vacation also from being plugged-in and plug-into your senses and surroundings...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I don't use one much on vacation, but found it very pleasant to check in for an hour or two and clean up loose ends at work while sitting at a table under a shady overlooking the ocean on the cliffs. It was, as it turned out, totally "vacationy."

Plus, when you note to your colleagues the location from which you're answering their e-mail, they feel totally jealous.

User Info Menu

try an experiment...leave it home and see how it feels....force yourself to wait a day or two...if you begin to have the shakes you can easily find a cafe and send a few emails......besides why worry about theft

User Info Menu

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see where the meet ups are taking place (i.e. like TicToc).

I'm the last person in the world who would bring work to Jamaica, I have trouble doing work at work.
    "No dude that did not occur to us" - Brandt in "The Big Lebowski".
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rum-polephoreskin View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see where the meet ups are taking place (i.e. like TicToc).
    mi think TicToc needs to post her social calendar on here for all to see........lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Hey Rum..I see where your coming from...I'd make a lists of happenings (if their advertised) before you leave- and then you could also go to an internet cafe-I know the easy rock cafe use to have computers/internet-Last I seen the ice cream shop/internet cafe was closed -forgot the name-but doesnt matter-owner not around anymore.Also many hotels have some for visitors (make sure to check rates they charge-) or will let you use theirs for a quick peek around..

Big Lebowski- one of my favorite movies...(LOL)
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)