Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Reports - Round the Yaad an Inna the Kitchen

User Info Menu

Lightbulb ~~ Sweetness Trip Reports - Round the Yaad an Inna the Kitchen

Out of Town Pastry is near where I stay and I really like it - so quiet and they have a likkle of everyting plus good patties - they make ackee loaf which is ackee put inside a cocobread - don't like ackee but those who do say they are GREAT.

An internet tower upgrade happened yesterday (always something exciting lol). That would explain my lull in posting reports....so forgive the flood while I catch up.

Bought some lobster on the beach $8 each - they were OK and made a US style meal last night.......Parm encrusted Italian Ckn breast, corn, salad and ...... wait for it.......au gratin potatoes (YYYYUUUUMMM). big hit - 10 A+ Gotta switch it up~

Name:  039.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  51.4 KB
    Name:  041.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  47.0 KB
    Name:  043.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  40.1 KB
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  44.8 KB
    Name:  009.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  49.3 KB
    Name:  010.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  52.0 KB
    Name:  013.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  019.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  79.5 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Love Out of Town pastry .... I like to arrive around 8 a.m. when they loafs and patties are super fresh! You can buy a LOT of food for likkle bit of money der .....

User Info Menu

Sweetness your dishes always look so good. Please share some of your recipes.

User Info Menu

Thanks Sandy.

the American meal I seasoned my chicken breasts, dip in egg, dip in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and bake in oven til firm (that is how I tell if my meat is done).
    Sliced Irish potato and boiled just a bit - sauteed onion and garlic in margarine and then added a few tbls of flour and cooked the "paste" a bit then added milk to the level of how much sauce I wanted to make. Stirred forEVER and turned to thick cream sauce (Bechemel), added a bit of velvetta cheese slices and put the taters and sauce into a pan in the oven to bake with a bit more cheese on top. OMG it was so darn good. Good thing I swim every day lol.

Pumpkin rice is easy too. Hardest part is cutting the rind from the pumkin...its hard! For soups I leave it on but remove it and cut pumkin into small-ish diced. This time I used real coconut - crack open cut into pieces and used blender to pulverize it with the coconut wata. Then squeeze out all the juice into a pot (or strain).....add usual thyme, smashed scallion, cut garlic, thinly sliced scotch bonnet (I use one whole small but its to taste), pinch of salt and the diced pumkin.....boil just until it softens a bit. Then when ready you just add the rice and cook until done. Rice/wata measurements are something that I have had to practice to get right and each pot always turns out different but I LOVE pumkin rice even more than rice and peas. In Texas I am used to my rice and beans served separate (lol).

Hope that helps.........
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

OOOOOOOOhhhhh baby those dishes look devine!! (as always) Blessings!

User Info Menu

Attempted to walk from Catcha Falling Star to get some yummy patties at Out of Town, however, a couple local's made the experience less than pleasant and ended up catching a route taxi back and just hitting the Hi-Lo for groceries.

This was our 6th trip so no, we didn't need someone to walk with us the entire time offering to be our personal tour guide and letting us take pictures along the way for free. He kept this up all the way to the LightHouse until we caught a route taxi back. No patties this trip

User Info Menu

Thanks for the recipes Sweetness... Will be trying the pumpkin rice and potatoes soon.