Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: Spratters Island Adventure....

Sponsor

User Info Menu

You are welcome all I took pleasure in trying to capture the sheer beauty of the places we visited. I am pleased that you all have enjoyed the photos.

Looking forward to getting back and discovering more...

Best of the season to everyone.... Jah Bless ~~

User Info Menu

I was wondering about that eyebrow thing also on the young man. Some fads come and go, I had no idea this was a fad in P.A. I have only seen this look on Jersey Shore. But all in all , Sprat your thread is very refreshing. Love to visit the site to see your latest photos. You have officially inspired me to one day see the rest of Jamaica in rental car. I am not there yet as it will be only my 3rd time going in March but what an adventure! Are you able to give any pointers to those of us who may want to do what you did as far as renting a car and places to stop along the way and where to rent from. I know this is a crazy question, but I am sure GPS can help you get around even in Jamaica right, I mean it is a Global ...right, lol.

User Info Menu

Island will rent a GPS with their cars, it's a Jamaica-specific one. My phone, a Droid, lets me download maps of JA and my GPS will work with them (don't need data for GPS to work on my particular phone). I can't use google maps navigation though, since it requires data. Or I guess I could, if I wanted to pay for data roaming, but I don't.

The JamNav is for Garmin only, unless things have changed recently. That's here: http://www.gpstravelmaps.com/jamaica.php

iPhone has this: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jamai...346773439?mt=8

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Great input Liz...that's what I love about you gal Unlimited JA Resources..) ( that has a ring to it..lol..maybe new business idea! )

We used Hertz....worked for us, we bought a map there and we were good to go!

Last edited by Sprat; 12-20-2011 at 07:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Did you take a pic of your car? What kind was it? I assume Hertz worked out well? Was it actually Hertz in JA or did you book through Hertz and actually go to a JA company?

maybe new business idea!
    From your lips...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Liz...we used Hertz at MoBay airport and we had booked it online for pickup upon our arrival. We got a 2010 Yaris which was more than adequate. We kept extending the car because we didn't want to give it up when we got to Negril....lol

Next time though we will make arrangements for pick up in negril, but it would have cost us more to do that after the fact, so P ended up getting a ride back with a driver who was doing a drop off, so the price was right

User Info Menu

we had this exact car during one of our rentals this reach ... we have taken a Yaris very often. they suit us just fine as well.