Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Spratters Island Adventure....

Sponsor

User Info Menu

** spratters island adventure :) **

I have posted some pics here and there throughout our travels, but I will start from the beginning and give you a bit of what we discovered before we arrived in Negril.

This is basically a photoblog report with minimal commentary,,,blah, blah blah.

No matching drinks to bathing suits.. LOL ( ahhhhh Patty )..No wild and crazy catching a ride with the band 'Tic Toc type antics' lol ....Sooo we basically just experienced the culture..

We jumped off the plane all excited...we were beyond excited,,,hubby was driving ( I was nervous about driving on the other side ) but we got the car and we were on our way. With little sleep and less tolerance for the heat and each other (&%## ) I didnt say that...lol, the goings on and trying to get money became the biggest issue. Fifteen minutes in line for the ATM..and then it is 'all finished'...no money ...

We walked, we talked and ended driving down the road to get money.

Hot and sweaty..finally got JA money.,,,,Now we are off to find Duncan's Bay...
    Arrived at night...so the morning would be a new awakening...

I hope you enjoy our adventures through my lens....

I awoke to a poinsetta tree outside ...and the butterflies were unbelieveable....i was so excited...
    Well,

Last edited by Sprat; 12-09-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Name:  317086_10150950152635357_542540356_21883030_315597101_n.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  86.6 KB

We had a wonderful evening with our hosts Cher and Barry and another couple from upstairs. Good food, good people, and after a butterffly photoshoot were were off to see the beach and the water.

A likkle walk and we were there....beauty before our eyes...

Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Beautiful!! I remember this area with fond memories. We stayed at Jamaican Jewel about 2 years ago and really enjoyed the contrast from tourist towns. Cher and Barry are great hosts and can they cook!!! Can't wait to see and hear more. Hope the dogs are doing well, we had a ball with Peewee, I think that was his name. He would always accompany us on walks. Loving all your posts...they are helping me survive for 5 more days!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I was in awe of the beauty of this beach. It was vast and barron and sooooo beautiful, with a fishing village at the end of the beach. We got to the beach, took off our sandals and walked down to the fishing front.

Little did we know at that time....this was the infamous 'Leroys Bar" that we would spend our Saturday ...dancing and singing the night away.....

User Info Menu

Just beautiful.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I felt like a photograher in heaven....lol, every turn, every boat, every Jamaican with a smile was game for my camera shots. Yes, the camera was working overtime and I was 'happy as a clam'...no clams here...but lots of fish...

User Info Menu

wow the butterflies and flowers are so vibrant! What a way to start--especially after travel/money hassles. Interested in hearing about how driving was--I have ridden motorcycles in Ja--and for some reason it seems to me that cars would be harder, I would just want to veer to the right side of the road.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

It didn't take long to connect with the locals. We walked the beach and loved hanging down by the boats and watching the fishermen. I was in awe of the whole scenario....it was easy going. They wanted nothing from us ....lol, that was new, and we just chatted...

This was a special moment for us...hubby was being romantic.....but why not, we had the beach to ourselves.....

I watched him write in the sand...

And we knew...this is was a special place for us...

User Info Menu

beauty pics, thats why lisa and i are going to belmont on the south coast with ja lance and ja mary for a couple of days, soon come

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I couldn't believe the beauty and simplicity of this part of the island...we just soaked it all up...

I took every flower photo I could find....

The sheer vastness and beauty Duncans Bay is difficult to describe with words....and that is why...I will use photos to give this part of the island justice....