Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Blue hole mineral spring

User Info Menu

Blue hole mineral spring

Thinking about a trip to the blue hole this reach, has anyone been there ? Would love to hear about it!

User Info Menu

Re: Blue hole mineral spring

Quote Originally Posted by Negril96 View Post
    Thinking about a trip to the blue hole this reach, has anyone been there ? Would love to hear about it!
    Blue Hole in Brighton is one of my favorite places to take groups when I bring them to Negril. It's only about a 20-30 minute drive from Negril to this Blue Hole. It has a mineral spring fed pool for those that don't want to jump into the hole itself, sand volleyball, bar, food is available, a stunning rooftop view of the below fields and ocean from the hotel roof, and two small bathrooms that you can change in. Wabba is the owner and is often there. A very nice guy to hang out with and he has pretty much created an income for many people in this town by turning this into a tourist attraction. Of course the main attraction is the hole itself which is about a 25ft drop into a natural mineral spring and then there is a grotto below that you can hang out at after jumping. If you ask some of the divers they will bring you down Red Stripes if you want to hang out down there for awhile. Several locals often perform jumping tricks like flips and jumping out of trees similar to what you see at Ricks. All in all it's a fun afternoon but there's no guided tour so I recommend you walk around and explore the property. Very nice place to chill for an afternoon then come back to Negril through Orange Hill into the west end and catch the sunset at Ricks, LTU, Pee Wees, 3 Dives Jerk, Xtabi, or another cliff side property. I believe the admission is now $10 USD/person. Used to be free but in my opinion $10 is well worth it if you're going to jump a few times and/or chill out by the pool for awhile. It's also known for getting some of the better quality outdoor grown ganja in the area and Wabba or one of his associates are known to share sample chalice tokes with visitors.
    Last edited by Corey K; Today at 08:28 AM.