Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something Included...

User Info Menu

Something Included...

Hi everyone...It's freezing here & I am planning our next trip to Negril. Last July we stayed at Catcha & it was beautiful and we met some very special people. This next trip though we want to be "more in the mix" and not have to take a taxi every where. So I need your help I would like to stay on 7mile but hubby likes to retire where it CAN be quiet so maybe bloody bay? I would like to pay as you go but we like to EAT & DRINK (emphasis on the drink ) so hubby wants AI. Is there somewhere in between? Maybe on the beach & dinner/drinks are included? We have done the Sandals route & as many people have posted - it is not real. Catcha was great b/c we could just charge everything to the room & didn't feel like we had to always have cash. We also made the mistake of not converting our cash to Jamaican $, big mistake but we live and learn. Thank you so much for all of your helpful suggestions! Happy Holidays!

User Info Menu

Legends has an AI option, although myself and others have found it to be less than "great" as far as the food/drinks that are included.

I haven't been to Seastar yet, but it has a free shuttle to the beach and they also have AI as an option. The food gets rave reviews.

There are several other hotels along the beach that are Jamaican-owned, or at least "real" as you say (not cookie cutter).

I LOVE Mariners, aka Negril Beach Club. Every room has a fridge. Nice beach bar with a couple other inexpensive beach bars right near it to walk to. You can run to Hi-Lo once and get cases of Stripes for like + or - $30 I think (warm beers cost less BTW, and you have fridge...). It's within walking distance to the roundabout. The Patti vendors start out there, so lunch is like $1.50 LOL

There are ways around AI without breaking the bank...you will get lots of responses here.

User Info Menu

Consider Point Village .. private kitchenette condos ..in a beautiful setting ..although still a cab ride to the beach .. can prepare/cook breakfast/lunch ..stock the fridge with cocktails ..then head down the beach ..and leave .. when the mood strikes ..PM me for more details ..rooms very reasonable and secure ..good hunting..still only 400 JA return with red plate taxis ..sweet deal ..

User Info Menu

Coco LaPalm or Bar B Barn are good choices on the beach......
    a lot of places include breakfast which I know Catcha doesn't any more.....so that will save you some dollars......
    if you could spring for Crystal Waters that would really be the ticket........

Bloody Bay is just too far from anything.........plus it's not part of or connected to the main beach

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Marko ..no diss respect ..all things are connected ..it's just the view that is different .. I agree AI is the scourge of Negril ..however they introduced many peoples to the joy of Negrils laizzez fare ... to each its own ..and no other holiday place on earth says that better than NEGRIL ...ahhh the joy of it all ...

User Info Menu

we like to EAT & DRINK (emphasis on the drink ) so hubby wants AI. Is there somewhere in between? Maybe on the beach & dinner/drinks are included?
    yes! check out Grand Pineapple; it's on the Long Bay side and is also A/I -- but in a much more lowkey way than the 'big' A/I resorts at the Bloody Bay end of the beach. beautiful beach location also - busy but not constantly overrun. try doing a search here on the forum, i'm sure i remember some trip reports and comments about it.

imho Legends is not very nice; its smack in the middle of the busiest most crowded part of the beach, their beach area is small and always crowded, restaurant and rooms are ok, but nothing very special, and food is not good.
    Last edited by MissBlue; 12-12-2011 at 04:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you all so much for your replies...I just called negril one stop & they also said Charela Inn was very nice. Any thoughts?

User Info Menu

Love Charela Inn. We will be there for a wedding in 2 weeks. We have stayed there numerous times and it is my favorite place on the beach. Negril Treehouse is also nice and comes with a free breakfast buffet but it's not as quiet as Charela and Charela has more and better beach front.

User Info Menu

if you're into bang for your buck, RIU on Bloody Bay might not be out of the questions -- it's the same 100j cab fare to the main strip no matter how far down the beach road, and you have the combo of faux 5-star luxury with unlimited drinks plus a nice room.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    if you're into bang for your buck, RIU on Bloody Bay might not be out of the questions -- it's the same 100j cab fare to the main strip no matter how far down the beach road, and you have the combo of faux 5-star luxury with unlimited drinks plus a nice room.
    Emphasis on faux!