Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Need phone number or email address to Half Moon Bay Negril

User Info Menu

Need phone number or email address to Half Moon Bay Negril

Stayed @Half Moon Bay just outside of Negril many years ago.Want to go back but I can not seem to find a way to get a hold of them.Does anybody have an e-mail address or phone number?Has it changed much?Last time I was there,they had 2 cabins and Bloody Bay was still empty!Thanks to all.This web site has been great for chat,reading about fun times.Can't wait to get back.

User Info Menu

it is a great place. I think there are four cabins now and last I checked the rented for 50 dollars ..... Also, the restaurant is very good .... who would have thought the best lobster plate of the week would be at little shack-like place way off the strip????

User Info Menu

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Half-M...097779?sk=info

http://www.abingdonestate.com/

(btw it's half moon beach -- half moon bay is the big fancy resort in MoBay)

User Info Menu

Thank you MissBlue.Coconut cabin was just getting started when I was there.The web site has lots of pictures,thanks.There seems to be a lot of beach chairs.Does it get that busy?

User Info Menu

well, i don't know my dear - it's on my list but haven't been there yet! i've heard from others it's usually a pretty calm place to chill out; gets some good business on the catamaran tour days when it stops there, but doesn't seem to get too crowded.... you go and enjoy it and let us know!

User Info Menu

actually, there is rarely anyone there except when the a tourist boat called Wild Thing comes a few days a week ....

User Info Menu

When we were there in October there were two other couples besides us but it was spread out, probably only 4 lounge chairs total on the whole beach, we felt like we had the place all to ourselves

User Info Menu

"who would have thought the best lobster plate of the week would be at little shack-like place way off the strip???? "
    What I've learned in my travels that the best ANYTHING usually comes out of a "shack-like" place - jerk chicken, lobster, steam fish....and it is 1/4 the price of the "not-shack-places on the "strip"". Just my experience at least!

Half Moon Beach is a wonderful place to stay to get peace and quiet, natural beach/coast line and yes, uncrowded and the feeling of privacy even when there are folks there.

We go just about every Sunday. Last Sunday we were there and met a couple staying at Coconuts and they were duly blissed out.

There are now 4 cabins (I think? Maybe 5?) all nestled into the bush beside the bay - Coconuts is "sea front" as is one or two others.

Getting into Negril (it's about 10 minutes from Bloody Bay) won't be a problem...the owners can set you up with a driver or if you want you can rent a car or motorcycle or something like that.

I love that beach - I call it the "anti-7-mile beach". Such a nice vibe. Enjoy.