Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Thing Outside of Negril

User Info Menu

no, a scooter would be for short little trips. Furthest we ever went was Roaring River -- and my tush was killing me plus we broke down on the way home .... it was amazing how many locals stopped to help us out in the country. i guess that's the difference between the peeps in negril compared to USA or Europe -- they'll stop to help someone by the road every time.

Rent a motorcycle would be scary unless you're a daredevil -- scooter is a bit dangerous, too -- because of the speed and pot holes in the road. The locals know were they are cause there are only two or three main streets ....

User Info Menu

the Pelical bar is more of a fun trip with a group of people. A single person hanging out at the Pelican Bar ??? Interesting, but MORE FUN with a group..
    See if yu can interest a few ppl where yu are staying to go on the trip with you

User Info Menu

You can rent a motorcycle from Banmark for $70/day - also at Prento on the beach but not sure of the price there. We're talking a Honda Shadow, which if you are planning on riding to the south coast (where YS falls is) I'd recommend over a dirt bike (175-225 cc) or a moped.

Food? Ya interested in food? Well - if you are going to YS, make sure you seek out UJ & Aunties One Stop in Middle Quarters for the BEST Pepper Shrimp!!! My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Other day trips to consider - Blue Hole in Brighton, Abeokuta, and Venture River.

User Info Menu

There are a million scooter places, IA, dont even worry about it .....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ackee View Post
    the Pelical bar is more of a fun trip with a group of people. A single person hanging out at the Pelican Bar ??? Interesting, but MORE FUN with a group..
    See if yu can interest a few ppl where yu are staying to go on the trip with you
    All but one of my world travels have been in my own company. And after looking up the Pelican bar, I should see it. But hey, to each his/her own.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagirl777 View Post
    You can rent a motorcycle from Banmark for $70/day - also at Prento on the beach but not sure of the price there. We're talking a Honda Shadow, which if you are planning on riding to the south coast (where YS falls is) I'd recommend over a dirt bike (175-225 cc) or a moped.

Food? Ya interested in food? Well - if you are going to YS, make sure you seek out UJ & Aunties One Stop in Middle Quarters for the BEST Pepper Shrimp!!! My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Other day trips to consider - Blue Hole in Brighton, Abeokuta, and Venture River.
    Thanks rasta. I did come across blue hole, but I cannot find Abeokuta on a map... although the pictures look incredible (as expected..). Where is it?

User Info Menu

http://blueholejamaica.ning.com/

Here is the blue hole close to Negril website, we have taken a scooter past this on the way to Little Bay - another place you may want to check out.
    Depending where you are going you may want to consider a dirt bike..some of the roads are rather beaten up.

Here is something else you may want to check out
    http://www.zipline-tours.com/tours.html

Enjoy your trip...lots of really nice places if you head south ..bluefields bay, treasure beach that would be a fun ride...and great food everywhere!

User Info Menu

On way to YS stop off and see the crocs at Black river, i find it better to be on the river by 10am if you can, as you will get more of a chance to see them around then.

One little word of warning on Motorcycles, bike or scooters check the fine print of your travel insurance as you may not be covered if anything happens god forbid,
    http://www.flightstats.co.uk/home.do

User Info Menu

Unles you are an experienced rider I would not attempt to ride to either falls espeacially Mayfield. Hire a driver and enjoy the trip.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airportworker View Post
    One little word of warning on Motorcycles, bike or scooters check the fine print of your travel insurance as you may not be covered if anything happens god forbid,
    That's a very valid point. Also be aware of what insurance your purchasing from the rental place. Does it cover physical damage to the bike? If so wjat uis the deductibel? What about 3rd party liability for property damage or injury that you may cause to others? Also how about your injuries resulting from an accident.

Rob has some background and experience with Jamaican insurance. Perhaps he can provide advice. My advice? Get your hands on that insurance contract the day prior to renting and read it thouroughly. Then your in a position to make an informed choice. If no coverage exists for thgis or that, at least you know what risk your taking.