Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day trip to Kingston?

User Info Menu

I've been up and down south coast road to KGN and back many times last winter. Most of the time I used public buses that leave from Sav. If i remember good the fair was about 700 JMD. The only problem with this buses is that it leaves only when it's full, so you can never know what time you finally reach Town. This buses also get stopped and searched by police time to time, it can be quite an adventure.

There's alot of interesting places in Kingston that are off the beaten track. Make sure you visit National Gallery and The National Heroes Park. I also loved to shop for shoes at Coronation Market, and the ice cream at Devon House is just fabulouse. Anyway it's better to have a place to stay in Town, so you can spend a day, relax then go out at night and then return to Negril on the next day. But if you are planning to get a driver, that would increase the price of the trip dramatically.

User Info Menu

Ackee: Thanks for the info, it's funny because I came across that website yesterday and read all the great reviews on Tripadvisor. One person mentioned they did a custom "reggae" tour for them.

Miss Anna: Thanks for the tips..especially about the shoes! I love shoe shopping! I am always up for an adventure, and at this point a private driver is out of the question because of the expense so it will probably be by bus.

I'm still working on the details, including trying to convince one of the others it's not the "scary" place she thinks it is. We'll see how this all works out!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

I may be interested in joining you rastagal.. if thats okay.....
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

My very good friend and 5 other girls from her dance studio went to Kingston for 2 week vacation in November. I helped them find 2 bedroom apartment in a nice building with security and swimming pool right on Ocean Bulevard. They payed 90000 JMD for all of them for the entire stay, which is about 12 USD pp/per night. They ended up hanging out with security guards from the building and neighbours, one of them is a recording artist from Bounty Killas Alliance crew, so they had a real blast )

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting the pic..looks like they made themselves right at home! And that is a great price for a 2 bedroom apartment! The hotels I briefly looked at were about $160/nt.

Beachgirl: That would be awesome considering you are the only one who wants to join me so far! lol. My friend text me earlier asking how far Kingston was from Negril because she didn't want to be traveling for hours and hours. Really? You are on vacation, what else do you have to do? Soooo PM me if you want to try and plan something, otherwise I guess I will have to just play it by ear. It does look like fun though!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Depending how many people, sharing a private ride might make sense.

$2200J each way per person for the bus is great for a single but for 3 or more....that's near $40 US pp. So $120. So perhaps approaching what you might pay a driver. You'll need a taxi IN town also, or plan to do buses, and that's on top of the bus fare.

Plus private will be faster. Ask around, maybe someone knows a driver who has business there and would be willing to take a reduced rate if you work around his schedule...