Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Beach Fun

User Info Menu

~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Beach Fun

...sorry for multiple reports on just one day but I see so much I want to share lol.

No doubt you have seen the band The Overtakers as they go up and down for all these years bringing their joyous Mento sounds to the beach vibe. So much sound from just a guitar, rhumba box, maracas and voices......Rubin and Ruth Brooks are the parents of Rising Star contestant Princess Tia who is looking for a manager. Leroy Williams is on the box and I had to get a CD of course to play at home. They sang several songs for me and a small group gathered to enjoy.

Just so happens I was sitting pon the wall with Miss Gema the Fruita Lady. Got me an avocado, some banana, tangerine and fetched her some wata and a Ting. She amazes me. All these years walking from her home to the beach with that heavy basket pon her head and heavy bags of pineapple too then up and down the beach in the hot sun....as you see she let me take a photo and I love that she was relaxed and barefoot. Biggest joy came when she got up and started dancing in the sand to the Mento vibes - PRICELESS. I just raised my hands to the sky, sang along and enjoyed the moment....ahh the little things you know? If you need to contact the band you can reach them at 282-8689.

BarBBarn also has cute clean restrooms which for me is "golden" lol. I would love to know about the artist that paints the artwork....peeked in a room and it had really nice painted wall murals.....so cute.

Name:  023.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  92.1 KB
    Name:  026.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  40.6 KB
    Name:  037.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  83.7 KB
    Name:  041.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  86.9 KB
    Name:  043.JPG
Views: 431
Size:  86.6 KB
    Name:  044.JPG
Views: 434
Size:  77.1 KB
    Name:  045.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  77.3 KB
    Name:  053.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  54.5 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

so sweet to see the fruit lady kicking back! And love good tunes and fresh fruit on the beach, how can you go wrong! Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

can't wait! Love the beach! Love the fresh fruit! Thanks for the reminder!
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

Ahhh.....the fruit lady. FROOOOOOOOT!! PINEAAAAAAPPLE!!!!........COCONUT!!!.......ANANA!! !

User Info Menu

Beautiful Sweetness!! Thanks for making my day a little better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    Ahhh.....the fruit lady. FROOOOOOOOT!! PINEAAAAAAPPLE!!!!........COCONUT!!!.......ANANA!! !
    I'm pretty sure I have some HD video of the fruit lady singing a song in 2008. I should post it one of these days.

User Info Menu

the artist is jennifer b - she's american - i have a painting she did me for here

User Info Menu

Thanks Sev....I will ck you to get more info maybe a website - her work is so colorful and joyful.....
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I am so loving your posts!! Several in one day...Yeah!! See you soon. Got to get up at 4:30am and heading out to our beloved Negril. SO excited as usual. After all the work involved in getting ready to go, I am definitely looking forward to chillaxin big time. Decided not to bring my laptop, just decided it was just going to be more hassle than I want this trip. Part of me wants to but simplicity is winning. If it were a netbook or IPad, I would be more inclined since I could just cram it into mi purse. But, I'll just use Seastar's computer like last time and take a break for a while.

See you in Negril Sweetness!!

User Info Menu

Sweetness, I just got done spending the day reading your trip reports up to this one, and want to say an emphatic THANK YOU! Your threads really got me to missing Negril something fierce, but I still savored it all.