Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banana Shout

User Info Menu

It's very interesting.
    Conklin is no Hemingway but he'll hold your attention.

Plus we all (here) love the subject matter, so I consider the purchase of the book $ well spent.

User Info Menu

I have read it. I loved it. I am still trying to find a copy of "Walk Good"... never have any luck. Even trying to find a digital copy for my Nook is out.

User Info Menu

Try amazon.com I have seen it there.

User Info Menu

Yes, Milo owns the property now and he is doing a wonderful job with the property. He and Marianne are fantastic and warm hosts. We were just there earlier this month and were there last year.

I have read the book before we stayed at Banana Shout for the first time last year. My take on it is was some is embellished, and names were changed, and most true.

While staying at Catcha and Banana Shout a few weeks ago I finished "Sunset Negril" by the author of "Walk Good". I am not a reader, but I loved reading about one of my favorite areas. Actually finished the entire book while laying under a palapa at Catcha and chillin in my hammock in Dolphin Bay & Tree House at Banana Shout.

User Info Menu

Aud-A-Sea....I did the same.....I read Sunset Negril while sitting in a little thatch covered lounger in the nooks and crannies at Catcha while we were there in October
    I am convinced there is just no place better to be, and no place better to read and relax!

And while laying in my hammock on the porch of Sagi and staring over at Banana Shout I determined that would be my next book to read....so it is on my Christmas wish list!

User Info Menu

Too cool Marley...actually I believe you that told me about the book. So glad I got it because it really was just nice to unwind and chill while reading a book that referenced places we love.

Once I finished that one, I started "A Reluctant Innkeeper" which is about someone impulsively deciding to buy an Inn on Guana Cay in the Abaco's (Bahamas) and how difficult it is to run things on an island. Hubby and I are going to the Abaco's in March for his B-day so I am enjoying reading about a new place we will be experiencing.

User Info Menu

I asked the same question about fact or fiction during my stay at Banana Shout,
    and was told fiction based on experiences.

Not doubt, Nicks is Ricks......As you get further into the book it becomes clear
    that it is fictional, but very entertaining.

User Info Menu

The lady that wrote those two other books was at Spratt,s party,
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    The lady that wrote those two other books was at Spratt,s party,
    The lady? I was under the assumption that Big Kahuna was a guy.

User Info Menu

What 2 books poolguy? If you mean Walk Good & Sunset Negril - the author is Roland Reimer and I don't think he is on the island until January/Feb - he was hoping to
    do a book signing while there.
    I believe that both his books are available as Ebooks

https://www.createspace.com/3613657

https://www.createspace.com/3621913