Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever ride a scooter to Little Bay

User Info Menu

Anyone ever ride a scooter to Little Bay

How was it? How long did it take? would you do it again? any tips
    thanks

User Info Menu

Never rode one to Little Bay but I did ride a scooter to Roaring River and back to Negril the same day and was my ass sore. If I remember correctly we first made it to Sav Lamar and then a short distance from there to Roaring River. You really need to keep a close eye on other traffic (oncoming and behind) all while dodging crater pot holes and watching for signs that might give a clue to where your going. It was a bit of a nightmare. We finally relied on a local motorcycle youth as a guide ($1,000 JA.) Although overall I enjoyed the whole scooter thing I probably wouldn't go that far again.

User Info Menu

think Ohliz has done Little Bay on da scooter.........just have to be careful of the potholes.......

never done it myself..........maybe this reach.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Never on a scooter - on a motorcycle, by car and on a dirt bike through the bush. Motorcycle was the most fun!

I don't think I'd recommend riding a scooter out there...they don't keep up with traffic and in the three weeks I've been here I've seen more people with road-rash due to those things that I can ever remember seeing!

User Info Menu

Just remember the "rule" with scooters........if the tire flats, you fix it.....no wonder the scooter tires in Negril are bald...take a look........NEVER take a scooter out of Negril

User Info Menu

did the Roaring River and other sites on a bigger 175 Yamaha dirt / trail bike, agreed keep yr eyes on the road and your hands on the bars b/c the ride is cool but unforgiving! I ride here and I'll tell you its great but drivers don't take to small bikes well on the highway in Ja. Youuhave to ride like it's your road but be very defensive. best of luck to ya , and see you on the road in Dec. this year in Ja!

User Info Menu

Just my opinion but why do all that when you can hire a red plate to take you...might cost a few more bucks but if you bite the dirt the bucks won't seem important.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Si me capatan ... scooters are for Disneyland NOT for Jamaica .. rented one ONCE ..2 day rental turned into 5 hour return ..keep the balance please ..and mi learn a lesson .. upon return of the "scooter" learned that the week past saw a poor unfortunate soul from the USA ..had trouble with the machine ..wouldn't start ... so kept on the throttle ..the "scooter" she takes off..he jumps aboard ..and promptly run over by a tour bus ..seriously folks..not for the meek of heart ..go ..see..conquer ... keep the driving int he hands of the folks that do it for a living,,

User Info Menu

I did indeed. I rent a scooter for a day or so most every time I am in Negril, mainly to take a ride out that direction.

As to how long it took...I ride a scooter pretty slowly. I stay to the right and while I'm not going bicycle speed, I do go slower than a car. If/when I hit a patch of sand or gravel or a pothole, I don't want to be going too fast. I have always stopped along the way going there too...Whoopies, Out of Town Pastry, Jurassic Park, maybe a bar in Orange Hill, go too far and miss the turn to Little Bay so chat with the bike taxis and turn around, double check directions with someone around Brighton because i think I missed the turn again but I didn't, maybe stop into Blue Hole, beach rest at Homer's....it really can take all day

I personally have never run into much in the way of traffic on that ride. I always go the back way by the lighthouse, going on the main Sav road isn't fun, it's just freaking stressful. Too many cars going too fast. I like to take it easy.

User Info Menu

I have also driven my scooter to Little Bay, it's a bumpy road in some places it's like driving over white coral in some places if I recall. It's a long ride but it's a great way to see the beauty that Jamaica offers. We also like to stop in at the bar in Orange Hill, if I am remembering correctly the woman that runs this is Fuzzy's sister. We have had a few folks try to give us a tour while we are driving our scooters, riding up inches away offering to show the local area.

We also have gone to Bluehole, the signage may be better now but I only recall seeing one small sign, so be looking for it. Little Bay is a nice place to go for a day trip.

We have been stopped along the way by a Police roadcheck, asked a few questions and sometimes they want to look through our belongings to make sure we aren't carrying anything we shouldn't be.

Hope you decide to take a scoot to Little Bay.

Peace,
    Islander
    Looking forward to our next visit to beautiful Jamaica! See you soon!!