Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just me ? or are the boardie numbers down substatially ?

User Info Menu

"Good friends we have had, oh good friends we've lost along the way
    In this bright future you can't forget your past
    So dry your tears I say."

For those that have passed we raise our palms to the sky.
    Many of those who simply no longer post here, including some mentioned by Biggs, can be found on facebook or other forums.
    The only true constant is change. This board in whatever form, has been an almost daily part of my life for over 13 years.
    Thanks Rob, see you soon.

Bless...
    Ed

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Things do change and sometimes a rest is as good as a change, meaning that some do come back after a 'hitatus of sorts'. I also miss the boardies who have passed on, the familiar names mentioned above, who were here daily to post of their adventures. We all grow as this board has over the years...and I have also been here since the beginning.

I have posted many trip reports over the years...my style of reporting has probably changed, as I have throughout the years. There are many other avenues for Negril regulars and some have chosen those. What I love about Negril is there are always choices.

Thanks Rob for all the years

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    And your point is what? Quit griping and start posting!!!

User Info Menu

I think a lot of the oldtimers have actually learned and shared everything they ever needed to know right here on this board and I have personally seen a lot of them here buying land purchasing homes building homes.
    So this is where they are all hiding they are in Ja for real and less on the boards.That is my conclusion from what I have seen and heard.

User Info Menu

I learn so much from this board. Thanks for everything Rob.

User Info Menu

it seems like photo posting is down a bit....and I also miss the "old day stories" that were abound, but time struggles on...lol
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Man, I have been thinking the opposite! I have to find time this weekend to catch up on the trip reports, onsite & off! Sweetness, Sprat, TicToc, Clarity & co., poolguy...etc.

Things and people have changed, that is for sure. SO many awesome new contributers!

This gave me a giggle - "I just feel the board was more laid back."- because I found the board informative yet frightening back in the day. I lurked for quite sometime, didn't join until some changes were made! It seemed very "cliquey" and people were often mean to "newbies", their questions were to stupid to answer etc. It didn't always feel like a Negril message board.

Everyones perspective is different I guess

User Info Menu

I really enjoy it, too, Rob .... You're doing a GREAT job! mi SOON come ....

User Info Menu

Rambo glad your still around.Katho I know what you are saying.I was refering way back to the 80's & 90's.Seen many changes on the board people come and go and I still find it entertaing.Just a differant vibe back in the day.

User Info Menu

I have done nothing for two days trying to catch up on the board after being in Negril last week. Phew! Finally done. I really enjoyed the reports from Sweetness, TicToc, Sprat, Patty & Clarity. Did I miss anybody?