Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just me ? or are the boardie numbers down substatially ?

User Info Menu

Biggs - You and I should write a trip report for our 1st Trip - Mine was in March 1978 and Negril sure looked a whole lot differetn back then. I will need to get some of the folks that were with me to corroborate certain events since that is coming up on 34 years now..! The Newbie reports are great to read just for the exuberance of then finding this likkle Paradise called Negril. I am talking Tizzy from Austin & Manda From Toronto and of course the Markus & Daisy adventures too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs of the week View Post
    Rambo glad your still around.Katho I know what you are saying.I was refering way back to the 80's & 90's.Seen many changes on the board people come and go and I still find it entertaing.Just a differant vibe back in the day.
    The Negril.com Message Board was started back on July 31st, 1997...

Here is a blast from the past:

http://www.realnegril.com/beingees/nn310797.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob thats what I'm talking about. 1997 man my dates are jumbled to many trips to da rock.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs of the week View Post
    Thanks Rob thats what I'm talking about. 1997 man my dates are jumbled to many trips to da rock.
    And it was probably about 10yrs after that when I stumbled upon it!

User Info Menu

Its like Jam..People come and people go for a variety of reasons..Some go to other boards that aren't as "Tourist" orientated, etc...I enjoy reading other peoples experiences in Jam-the Newbies as well as the Oldtimers....and always Love seeing the pictures !!! It seems I always learn something new no matter how long one has been coming to Jam...Thats what its all about: To Share and To Learn....(IMHO)
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

As a "newbie" I have to say that I'm really happy at the mix of "oldies" and "newbies" that post on the board.. and from a newbie perspective never once felt stupid for asking a question that may have been asked a 100 times before and was welcomed with a ton of information and warmth from everyone on the board, old and new posters. It's great to hear about how Negril once was but it's also fantastic to hear about what it is now and to people who have never been. The perspective is so vast amongst different travellers I don't think taking in anyones views will ever get old because they all are different with the one common denominator.. love for Jamaica.

User Info Menu

semi(and crew) are still here !!!!!

48 and a wakeup,soon come.

semi(and crew)

User Info Menu

July 31st 1997

Wow! I guess I've been on this board since almost the beginning. We started planning our first trip in Aug. or Sept. of 1997. My wife Kay was changing jobs and had a little extra cash. She asked me where I would like to go on a winter vacation. She probably thought I'd say Cancun or somewhere in Mexico again. Nope, a guy at work had just returned from Negril and convinced me that was the place to go. I got on the internet, typed in Negril and the rest in history. We've been every year since. Alas, not this year.

Got lots of big projects going on with the house and other things this Winter. But We are planning next year already. Another South Coast and Negril adventure.

Name:  17139_106090439405379_100000132716158_157999_2051935_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  73.3 KB
    Last edited by HuskerJohn; 12-17-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Hey Rob

As a quasi- 'Old timer' I have to chime in and thank you for your persistence in keeping this board going.
    I really appreciate it - it's my Negril touchstone - and it really means a lot to me - honestly, I'd be lost with out it.
    And thank you for all you have done for me and the encouragements and the help that you have un-selfishly and enthusiatically provided me from time to time.
    And the advice that has kept me from embarassing myself at least a dozen times. Thank you , Thank you.
    And you're such a good dude too! The patience of Job and always friendly and helpful - I know it can't be easy, I know it hasn't been easy.

Thanks again . . .

I only have one likkle request - can you bring back the old Beingee's colours, man?
    They were awesome!

Soon come;
    K3
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

This board helped me decide to go to Negril, and helped me enjoy all it had to offer. A complete stranger can go to Negril and meet up with other boardies and instantly be part of things. How cool is that? I am very thankful for all that is offered here.