Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negril Escape - Back to Africa amenities question

User Info Menu

They actually make a Blue Mountain instant coffee which I find quite good surprisingly.
    It is called Mountain Peak and you can get it in Hi-Lo and even some other stores around town.

I never was a fan of instant coffee until I had that....it is pretty good!

User Info Menu

I have stayed there several times but not in that room, and the only complaint about the place,they never reply to email!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LLAP View Post
    Rock - Some decent prices on the first couple and they won't take up much space and your right I don't think she'd go for instant. In our experience we have been up and ready for coffee much earlier than the kitchen has any ready.
    I can't say I haven't had beer for breakfast but it's been a while. I am thinking more along the lines of Bloody Mary or fresh O.J. / Pineapple juice with coconut rum.
    We are taking the first one down. Its not as small as it looks, but it is cheap as chips! The last one is really small, hence higher price. It is the only true "travel" coffeemaker I could find....don't forget the milk/cream when you are out buying your Blue Mountain Coffee!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I got my coffee from the bar/restaurant every morning. Ask for brewed coffee or they might give you instant. But the brewed coffee was great! I usually require a coffee maker and need coffee in the room before I see the world, but it's so laid back there I really didn't mind throwing on some shorts and walking down to get it.

User Info Menu

I've been taking a 4-cup coffeemaker in my carryon. I always leave it with either a maid or anyone who needs one. I also bring extra filters since the small ones are harder to find in Jamaica. I can always find a coffeemaker for around $14 to $20 at Walmart or any other discount store. They don't take up much space if you take them out of the carton. I wrap a towel around the carafe to give it some extra protection.
    On the way from the airport we pick up ground Blue Mountain coffee and Sangsters rum cream.
    Marley9808, I totally agree with you on the Mountain Peak instant coffee. That's what we used on our very first trip to Jamaica in 1990. It was surprisingly good.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

French Press?

If the room has a kitchenette, a french press coffee maker could be an option. You can get an unbreakable one or insulated mugs with a press built in. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...iw=925&bih=459

or

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...iw=925&bih=459

Good luck with the emails and enjoy your trip!

User Info Menu

I have yet to stay at a place that the kitchen staff has coffee ready when I'm up and looking for it. I start work usually between 3:00 and 4:00 am. I can't seem to get out of that rut while on vacation. Last year at CFS I was wandering around Ivans between 3 & 4 am draining coffee out of the left overs in pot.
    Well as you can see by my count down I've got a couple months to figure this out.
    [http://daisypath.com]