Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping Ladies I need help with a Bikini question

User Info Menu

Shopping Ladies I need help with a Bikini question

My girlfriend needs a new bikini.
    A brilliant friend of mine suggested waiting until we got down there (Negril) to buy one.

So how about it ladies, is Negril a good place to shop for a Bikini or would she be better off buying it in the states?

User Info Menu

it depends on her body type. there are lots of pretty little bikinis in the gift shops and souvenir shops. but they're nearly all the halter-top styles, with a few strings and triangles -- very cute but virtually no support for a woman who has a grown-up figure. If she is very slim and likes string bikini's, yep she'll find lots. But if she likes the kind of bikini with underwires or support-bra type styles, she is better off to shop in advance.

i'm full figured, can't wear those string halter-tops. I shop at victoriassecret.com, venus.com and ujena.com -- super sexy suits for those of us with real woman's figures, who have more than a 32-B cup!

User Info Menu

Thanks MissBlue.
    I'm in the dark on sizes.
    I'm not exactly sure what constutes a grown up figure so I've attached a picture.
    She is tall and slim and I like string Bikinis, don't know if she does.

Would you say prices are similar to prices in the states?

Name:  retirement 2009 102 (2).jpg
Views: 342
Size:  89.5 KB

User Info Menu

don't know about prices cause i've never bought any there. generally speaking though, other clothing i've bought there in local shops is very inexpensive compared to the usa; then again the quality is somewhat less as well. However - at the resorts and A/I's, their gift shops are notoriously expensive (overpriced imho) - as most resort gift shops are all over the world.

nice pic! What a good lookin couple you are!! - but it doesn't matter if you know about sizes - she knows what her size & style preferences are. just have her read my post; she'll know if she should buy in advance, or if she feels comfortable with the styles they have there, to buy when you arrive!
    Last edited by MissBlue; 12-15-2011 at 03:27 PM.

User Info Menu

lots of bikinis here that will fit here, cheap too

User Info Menu

Just "hang out" at the beach at Firefly ..no suit worries der !!!

User Info Menu

MissBlue: Honestly I take no credit, she'd make anybody look good.
    But thank you none the less.
    I'll forward your post, to her.

Tictoc: Thanks, I was fairly sure you would know everything useful.
    I hope you're still there on the 11th.

Negriljail: I'll share your sentiments with her and hope for the best.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

rumpole that is the day i land home unless I become a runaway

User Info Menu

Tictoc I've always prided myself on being a bad influence.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

sounds fun