Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: February 2012 Caribbean Travel + Life

User Info Menu

February 2012 Caribbean Travel + Life

Hello boardies,
    this just arrived in my mailbox. On the cover of the front page I read: JAMAICA EATS - A GOURMETS GUIDE TO EATING WELL IN NEGRIL
    I couldn't wait to go to page 48. It starts with beautiful photos from 3 Dives and Rockhouse. I have not read the article yet because I wanted to share this with you. I was thrilled to see two pages of photos featuring Miss Sonia and her patties.
    It also mentions Best of the West, Just Natural, the fruit lady on the beach, the patty man and so much more.
    If you are not a regular subscriber of this magazine but are a Negrilaholic, you have to get this issue!
    Enjoy!
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

thanx for the info, soon come

User Info Menu

Haven't had time to look at mine yet... been carrying it around for several days. Good to know info. Thanks.

User Info Menu

There is a free download available for this edition at http://magazinesdownload.com/post/20...uary-2012.aspx

Mine only took 3 minutes but the site states up to 17 minutes in the "free mode" .................. less then 1 minute in the "Gold" (pay) mode

User Info Menu

GREAT article with lots of wonderful photos ............... a must read for all ............. especially those who consider staying at an All-Inclusive .............. if this does not change their reservations nothing will.

Rob .............. you should make this a sticky link if possible ............... it is that good

User Info Menu

without a doubt one of the best articles on food in Negril.......thanks RumRunner!
    of course wi all could write an entire magazine on the food in Negril but this was the Reader Digest version and it was excellent!
    especially liked how he labeled the different veggies so you know what they look like!
    great pic of Miss Sonia and her infamous pattie........and did you see dem lobsters at 3 Dives.......nice mon
    they missed a lot of mi favorite places to eat.....which is fine with mi........cause mi like to keep dem all for myself.....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Great looking article with fabulous photos....and such deserved publicity for these hardworking people.

When you go.. you know...just how hard these establishments work to get delicious tasting food for on your plate! I applaud them all for their hard work and dedication.

This magazine does a great job at showing the public that there is a lot more to Jamaica than eating at a buffet in an AI.

Very impressive

User Info Menu

When I finally sat down to read the article we were about an hour away from having supper. The picture of those lobsters made my mouth water! We've eaten at 3 Dives before and will again on our next trip. It's within walking distance from Seastar.
    I wonder if all the people featured in the magazine will get a copy. I'm bringing mine down to show Miss Sonia and everyone else.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info Rumrunner! & for the link Captain Oil! Going to read now