Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Zimbali Retreats

User Info Menu

Zimbali Tours

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    can you describe what the difference between the farm and rasta safari tour and how long they might take? I would love to come for a tour and lunch. Do you have recommendations of a driver who is familiar with your location? I am in Negril May 28 through June 5th and would love to check it out sometime during that week.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    is there a natural body of water or a river there? i want to bring my 5 and 7 year old daughters .... will they like it for a day trip?
    We have a few lovely river spots to swim and a beautiful waterfall spot that runs when the springs are running hard during rainy season. We ourselves have a 10 year old boy and 2 year old girl and they to swim...your girls will love it.

can you describe what the difference between the farm and rasta safari tour and how long they might take? I would love to come for a tour and lunch. Do you have recommendations of a driver who is familiar with your location? I am in Negril May 28 through June 5th and would love to check it out sometime during that week.
    The farm tour is located right here on our farm and is a great walk in the hills. Eat coconuts from the trees and taste everything that is growing and in season. The lunch is cooked here and served on our lovely back deck overlooking the mountain valley. The Rasta Safari is a hike into the higher hills to "Fire's Bush", a real Rasta Farm. Along the way you stop at the spring and fill your water bottles from the fresh mountain spring and then up you go along a stone river bed. The hike is lovely and not that hard. Once there, Fire prepares your lunch on the open wood fire as it been done forever. This is a traditional 'Ital" meal- usually a thick vegetable soup or stew- eaten from traditional calabash bowls. We send food along and Fire provides alot from his farm as well. The view is lovely and you are truly a world away... Either tour is only around 2-3 hours, but you can stay as long as you like We of course have a driver and you can call anytime...876-542-1556
    Experience the rhythm of Nature...Discover the Peace within....Immerse yourself in a true Jamaican Paradise......www.zimbali-retreats.com

User Info Menu

ok, I will call when I am there and have my JA cellphone, I am so excited to savor the fresh food and get a taste of your place, lovely that you are offering the tours/lunch combo. Bless!

User Info Menu

I replied to this question yesterday, but I dont see the reply and so will post again. Zimbali is very easy to get to, about 20 minutes from Negril and you will feel like you are in a whole different world. The tours includung the lunch last somewhere between 2-3 hours depending on the individuals touring and can last as long as you like- no problem.
    The Farm Tour is a tour of our 7 acre organic farm and seeing and tasting everything that is growing and in season. there are always fresh coconuts on the trees to drink etc. its very lovely and educational. Lunch is then served on the back porch overlooking the mountain valley. Lunch is a gourmet 'Ital' meal and fresh fruit juices from the farm.
    The Rasta Tour is a hike into the hills above Zimbali to "Fire's Bush" a real Rasta Farm. Along the way you fill your water bottle from the fresh mountain spring and then up you hike along a stone river run off- it very beautiful and you are truly on your way to another world. The hike is not that hard, but it is worth it for the view. Once there, Fire cooks your meal on the open wood fire the way its been done forever. This is a real Rastamans Ital meal and is prepared from food from our farm we send up and from things Fire has on his farm- fresh and amazing! You eat from traditional calabash bowls etc...there is no more real expeience than this.
    Tours are 30$/ person and just call ahead for your reservation 876-542-1556...transportation is also available from Negril
    Experience the rhythm of Nature...Discover the Peace within....Immerse yourself in a true Jamaican Paradise......www.zimbali-retreats.com

User Info Menu

got it (it did post the first time). I will call after I am settled in and am in Negril to set up a tour for sometime the week of May 30 to
    June 3. Thanks!