Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: buying white vinegar...

User Info Menu

buying white vinegar...

does anyone know if you can buy white vinegar at the hi lo in Negril?

User Info Menu

Yes no problem ..used in making the escovetch fish ..

User Info Menu

Try cane vinegar. Yes sugar cane can be made into vinegar. Very distinctive taste.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

i searched high and low to find chinese black vinegar during the shaolin retreat at negril escape a couple years ago- finally found it in sav. white vinegar is no problem, as mentioned.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

"Try cane vinegar. Yes sugar cane can be made into vinegar. Very distinctive taste. "
    My first week here, when doing my "set up" shop HiLo had NO cider vinegar (which I use in my Escovetch, better flavor than just white vinegar). So - I grabbed a bottle of Cane Vinegar and no kidding, awesome stuff! I'm going to bring some home. I use it in vinaigrettes with olive oil that I brought from home.

Now, I ran out so of course I'm doing the grocery store hop (ValueMaster, HiLo, Valute Traders, Lance, Wise Choice...NO KIDDING) and....FINISH! I'm keeping my eye out...

User Info Menu

I was just about to ask about cider vinegar. I've been adding a teaspoon or so to a bottled water and drinking it; it's said to be great for the heart, lungs, skin, hair, nails, digestion. It has antibiotic properties and contains pectin (elasticity). I wonder if cane vinegar has similar properties?

User Info Menu

lisa and i wish u both a nice trip, soon come