Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How is Carribean Sunset Resort 3 1/2 stars?

User Info Menu

How is Carribean Sunset Resort 3 1/2 stars?

I heard the place was a dump ... anyone?

User Info Menu

I went,I stayed a few nights with the family.I found it to be ok and in a good central position.The pool was clean and large and it caught the sun and you could play music at the bar which you could hear around the pool where you could relax and chill out until about 10pm.
    I got a brilliant deal and I would go again if I got another deal.If it was the same price as most of the other hotels I would not go.But have nothing bad to say really about my stay.People have said and I will say myself that the rooms around the back need updating.I stayed in the ground floor pool view room right next door to the stairs and restaurant.

User Info Menu

budget accommodations.......inexpensive rates.......
    centrally located on the hill where the roundabout is........
    of course there are a lot better places to stay..........
    but then there is the price you have to pay.......
    great for people with low expectations and not a lot of needs.......
    if you are only there to rest your head..........which a lot are......it's tuff to beat
    for a likkle bit more money.......places like Blue Cave Castle and Moonlight Villas on the Cliffs is the way to go
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

oh, i have no problem staying in an affordable place -- i enjoy Sandals, but i would enjoy a shack, too -- but my point is carribean resort is OVER rate at 3.5 stars -- they dont even have a view!

User Info Menu

We have stayed there three weeks, three trips a week each. It was clean, the ac, tv, and mini fridge all worked in every room we had. there are no phones, but there is good security. as mentioned before the location is wonderful, sitting above the grocery store. the view is spectacular from the veranda, you look out over the burger king, across the most beautiful blue ocean, you can see booby cay past hedo at the other end of the beach. the veranda with couch is just past the office and just before the great pool with bar and restaraunt. The staff is helpful, (remember tipping isn't a town in china), oh yeah the china man store is nearby, bank too, and cambio, digicel, evryting mon!