Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you change from your first day in Negril until your last?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rum-polephoreskin View Post
    My G/F is taking her first trip to Negril.
    I'm going to record an interview with her daily (from trip down to trip home) to see if you can visibly chart the "Negril Effect".
    that would make for a superb Trip Report........one of the best......

just 30 - 60 second clips would do it...... one a day......and we get to see the difference......

one showing her packing and trying to get organized for the trip down........
    and one showing her packing and trying to get organized for the trip back......
    mi bet would be hilarious to all.......lol

Enjoy Jamaica!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I like this idea too.....I am sure we will be able to spot the Negril Effect...no problem!

User Info Menu

OK
    It's on like Donkey Kong . . .
    that is um, you-know if I don't space out on the concept.

I like the packing angle.

User Info Menu

My skin is darker and my wallet is lighter.....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I can definitely attest to feeling the "Negril Effect" for sure. After twenty six days in Negril, I came back and am still feeling the positive "after effects" too...now it's just time to plan my next trip..I'm looking forward to coming back in August, even if only for a week this time probably..but will be bringing my friend and my son with me this coming reach! Jamaica, soon come! That's what keeps me going.

User Info Menu

The best part is when the g.f. stops fixing her hair,stops putting on make-up and realizes she hasn't worn her underwear since she arrived.

User Info Menu

I talked to my G/F last night and she said she's willing to be a subject in "The Negril Effect Study".
    The study will be our trip report.

She is a very sweet girl but she is a type A+, very task oriented, so she may indeed be the perfect subject for this study.

More later . . .

User Info Menu

This case study is AWESOME! This is my type of thing,I have a masters in Psychology I am ALWAYS doing some type of study or experiment in some kind of way regarding behavior and/or personlality whether my subjects know it or not, lol. I can't wait to see the footage. But in regards to the question at hand, like you Gerry123, I always arrive in Jamaica beat up my the hustle and bustle of fast paced American city living, working too hard and too much, diet could be better,sleep..not as much as needed, and involved in a million and one activities since I have a 10 year old son. Oh and this time around, my pending divorce which should be final by the time I get to Jamaica in March, YAAAAAY(oh! was that my outside voice, sorry...) but I think this time around Jamaica will be REAL GOOD to me.(Although the island has ALWAYS been good to me, but this time will be different) I cant wait!This time I dont have to be the nice modest little wife and expected to be on good behavior, I can go crazy and do what I want, YES!!! LET FREEDOM RING!!! I am 32 years old and ready to go to Jamaica for the 1st time single, I am celebrating my divorce out there and I feel there is no better place to regroup, reinvent and rediscover myself. I am soooo juiced!! Ok I got side tracked w/ my own personal stuff. But back to the question at hand..by the time I leave Jamaica I am refreshed, renergized,even more spirtually connected(nature does that to me)...but on the outside I turn into a BEAUTY!! Not stuck up in any way but I'm referring to my skin...it glistens,my hair....seems healthier and shinier...my legs seem longer and stronger! I dont know if its all the exercise you get out there(I know I get A LOT) or all the dancing at the Jungle but my legs turn into Serena Williams by the end of my trip(not literally but they sure feel strong!) But basically it gives me irie feelings I need to go back home and deal with city living. If I could, I would live in Miami so I can be in the States w/ my family and only an 1 1/2 hour flight to Jamaica so I can go all the time. I think we have one boardie who lives 6 mo in Florida and 6 months in Jamaica. That would be me if I could. Maybe when my son is off to college or something I can do it. But for now I am ok going to Jamaica and just doing me w/ NO distractions starting this year 2x a year. In a nutshell I feel renewed when I leave Jamaica. I also feel like it's my home, when I get there and all the locals keep telling me "welcome home" and I actually feel like I AM at home when I am there. Ahh, just the thought makes me smile...