Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you change from your first day in Negril until your last?

User Info Menu

How do you change from your first day in Negril until your last?

I was thinking about it: Like a lot of us, I have often arrived stressed, overworked, exhausted and desperately looking forward to a vacation.

When it's time to leave, I am serene and calm, healthy feeling, exhilerted and ready to take on the world -- and also looking forward to coming back home (but not as much I was looking forward to arriving in Negril!).

Does anyone else feel the personality and outlook change that Negril can give us?

User Info Menu

I definately do not look forward to going home never no way
    I never want to leave

User Info Menu

It's gotten rather routine over the last few trips. Always look forward to seeing the family and always happy to get home to the other paradise I live in.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

So far the 10 to 12 day solo trips are enough for me, when I get near the end I need to get home for a rest!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

I became more beautiful. It's TRUE.....Jamaica makes you better looking. For example, there were two welders from Canada staying at Banana Shout. One of the guys was a bit homeley when he got there, but by the time he left HE LOOKED LIKE BONO!

Na True??

User Info Menu

I become who I really am.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

The last time I came home I had to go from the airport to chair a union meeting.
    I was wearing a new Jamaican flag T-shirt.
    I accidently spilled coffee on it just as I got to the meeting.
    I didn't want to stain the shirt so took it off and I rinsed it out.
    Now I had no shirt.

I believe it was the only WI Teacher's union board meeting ever chaired by a bare breasted president.

User Info Menu

a long time ago, we started noticing how different people looked on the plane ride home after a week or two!
    it was a complete change in most....going down........... stiff and bewildered, pale and the whitest clothes Ive ever seen....

coming back.........tanned,sits in the seat like a poured cocktail, a skinned up leg or elbow here and there........silly sh*t-eatin grin from ear to ear.....and the during mid sentence falls asleep, with that smile.............

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Mi change colors......first mi white then red and then mi a browning......a naturalized Jamaican.....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

This thread has inspired me to be scientific.
    My G/F is taking her first trip to Negril.
    She is super organized, super efficient, super hard working, and can be (from time to time) uptight.
    I'm going to record an interview with her daily (from trip down to trip home) to see if you can visibly chart the "Negril Effect".
    This could be a fun experiment if I don't get too laid back to carry it off.

Maybe I should get some baseline footage as sort of a control.