Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: A Time For Transitions ~

User Info Menu

I have turned into A Bike Back Girl ... and I JUST LOVE IT!!! I begged him to take me all around the Island on it ... but - of course - that was me talking crazy!

User Info Menu

I spent my days at the beach enjoying the most glorious sea ... swimming and floating. Jaith joined me everyday on the beach at Whistling Bird ... we had the best times ever!!
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-18-2011 at 07:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Yay, a Laurel report...I know you got all round too, can't wait to see!

User Info Menu

Good Lord Lizzie ... my photos are a hot mess! scattered all over filed in a mixed up heap ... and they don't upload due to files being too big. I have hundreds ... I am going to just have to sort them and resize them before I try to go forward with this.

User Info Menu

A scooter ~ wow I am impressed!

User Info Menu

If I figured out the photo thing anyone can trust me.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Hi Lola ~ I left you a voice message on your phone ... but I realized it was likely too soon, prior to your arrival. I thought I still might hear from you ~ maybe next time. YES ... we revamped the scooter for me so I would have my own dependable transport without relying on only taxi rides. We LOVE the new motorcycle - it is awesome!

Hi Poolguy ... what a process to try to upload photos .... sheesshhhh ~ well ... it will keep me from posting too too much!

anyhooo ~ moving along.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Ari for years - we used to work together here in Minneapolis. She would join Jaith and me at the beach for lot's of swim, sun, chats over cocktails at Aqua (love Love LOVE that bar), and laughter beyond ~

Ari would also invite me to join her on random outings - what good fun we had! THANKS Ari ~ much love to you and your husband. I was at the beach on morning, and they called to invite me and Bim along on a day trip to YS Falls. Bim busy working, so he sent me on my way to enjoy the adventure.

Name:  639.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  91.9 KBName:  642.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  83.4 KBName:  646.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  76.6 KBName:  648.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  59.9 KB

User Info Menu

Howie's One Stop is the cook shop located at the final turn off to YS ... photo'd up there -

There was a pile of pear that caught my eye ... YES!! please sell me your best one!!

Name:  643.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  71.6 KB

We all picked up our lunches and arrived at YS:

Name:  650.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  94.0 KB

we boarded the jitney to ride back to the fall attraction. the rest of the guests were a group from England ~ I tried to engage them in some sort of conversation .... they were simply NOT having it!! No one would turn their head - no one would speak!! all just sat face forward and stoic, stone cold silence!!

Name:  653.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  74.2 KB

nevermind .... we enjoyed conversation amongst ourselves and soon arrived. I have always just loved YS ... it is glorious! and I love the fact they have been able to keep the family that still lives on the property have their private lives, along with the cattle and horses that are scattered all around.

Name:  030.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  80.4 KBName:  034.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  80.5 KBName:  014.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  71.3 KBName:  009.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  79.8 KBName:  0131.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  81.5 KB

User Info Menu

We had a spectacular time ... the river was running really high ~ Ari and I were swimming in the river pool at the base of all the walking falls sections ... I got sucked back into the rocks and pulled under - Lord God!!! Ari is a strong swimmer and was close enough to pull me back up and get me to the steps for her husband to help me up out of the river.

nuff river swimming for me that day. went over to the river water swimming pool to enjoy the rest of that day. weather had changed for the day and it was beginning to rain ~ to we made our way back home.

Name:  025.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  63.1 KB
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.

User Info Menu

Red face

We often took our breakfast at Coletta's ~ the ONLY time I have ever not been perfectly satisfied with the quality of my food was when Miss Coletta was not feeling well and was not in charge of the kitchen.

Name:  633.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  71.4 KB

Our friend Dandy (Driver for Catch A Falling Star) has been working on a cook shop business for the past couple of years. He has wanted us to come check him out since his start up, he was having a party and insisted we had to come join the fun. So glad we did; it was plenty of good fun:

Name:  014-1.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.8 KBName:  015-1.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  53.8 KBName:  012-1.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  57.0 KBName:  011-1.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  59.4 KBName:  007.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  44.4 KB

The food was wonderful!! the beer was icey cold!! the music was blasting!! bellies full and the dancing was full on!! FABULOUS night out!!

Dandy is wonderful ~ his Cook Shop business is called "Seafood Haven & Natural Juice Bar" ~ it is located about 15 minutes from Negril on New Hope Main Road, Little London, across from Knotts Block Factory. His phone numbers are 876-572-4423, 876-313-1748, and 876-576-0159 ... during slow times he is not open for business every night, but check him out ... he can certainly throw it down!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.