Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Time For Transitions ~

User Info Menu

The idea was for me to take over the scooter now that we got him a new motorcycle ... we thought the best idea would be for me to learn how to manage the scooter by practicing on the new roads built up in the future housing project behind our house. I was getting eaten by ants one morning of training, so that was a short lesson. the next time we had time to get out there, I had a couple good runs up and down the steep hills; so I gained confidence ~ I thought I have to speed up the learning process and learn to turn corners using the turn signals, and 'KEEP TO THE LEFT SIDE, KEEP TO THE LEFT SIDE'.

Oh Hell NO!! ... I was turning up a steep hill, onto an even steeper hill and lost control of the bike ~ smashed into the curb, pitched myself up over the ledge, and proceeded to tumble via summer salting down the steep hill.

Bim was way far down the hill watching this debacle unfold before his eyes ... he heard me cry out ~ then tried to listen for me screaming; I was not hurt too badly tho, so there was no need for any screaming ... I had to get myself up as much as possible to allow him to know I was not dead yet!

bungled up my neck, back, hip, bruised and black n blue legs .... *sigh* ~ it is always something!!

Name:  0181.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  96.6 KB

needless to say ~ the scooter lessons were put onto the back burner until I healed up myself ...

User Info Menu

While I spent my days at the seaside swimming with the Girls or on day trips out with Ari ... there was just no time to keep in my kitchen to do much cooking during the week. Often he would just bring me a take away fried chicken meal from The Ackee Tree or Sweet Spice, or Estovitch Fish & Festival from Mi Yard (shown below), or hot juicy jerk chicken from Marshall at "Step Aside" .... nice every time.

Name:  072.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  68.0 KB
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-19-2011 at 03:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Oh no, so sorry you had an accident. Gentle hugs.

Loving your thread and all the pics. Thank you for taking the time to post for us

User Info Menu

Oh no, so sorry you had an accident. Gentle hugs.

Loving your thread and all the pics. Thank you for taking the time to post for us

User Info Menu

Hey Lady Jane ... I was such a hot mess after that performance ~ my hip is still aching!

User Info Menu

While I spent time lounging at the sea side, Mr. Big Man is busy working the bush, raising up a herd of goats, keeping the yard ... pregnant goats birthing new babies ~

Name:  060.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  64.8 KB

User Info Menu

Teen Girl had to finish her school shopping list, and we needed to get basics and treats for the households ... so ~ off to Mega Mart ... Oh Mann ... LOVE me some Mega Mart!!

Name:  025-1.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  89.1 KBName:  026-1.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  66.2 KBName:  022.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  75.9 KB

Baby Ante is getting to be so big!! such a lovely child and he LOVES his Uncle BimBim!
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-19-2011 at 04:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Ante is getting so big! He's always been very independent. Time for Shelly and Fire to fire another one. So cute.

User Info Menu

isn't he getting big?? he is so funny too ...

He calls Shelly by her name, and Fire by his name as well ~

He calls Grandma "Mummy"; he calls Tracy "Mamma".

one day they had him over in Montego Bay, he called over a Hot Gyal - told her she was for Fire!!

Lord God!!

Name:  036-1.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  51.2 KB

User Info Menu

Whistling Bird, great hotel. Did you bump into Anthony, who runs things, and Cynthia, the long-time bar server? They're both great.