Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: A Time For Transitions ~

User Info Menu

A Time For Transitions ~

Transitions ~ sometimes they are planned, sometimes you have to shake things up and shift things around in order to catch up to the next Transition ...

Summer of 2011 was my time for shaking up and shifting around!

Thank You Jesus that we have spent the last 10 years working on our 20 year plan of building our home and planting our yard ... and by "WE" ~ I mean "HE"!!

My wonderful JaJa Travel Friend Jaith was transitioning as well ... finishing her working years and moving for a long term stay at her place near Negril ~ so I jumped on her bandwagon and booked a long term stay ticket for the travel dates - mid September thru mid December.

Woot Woot!

It worked out that Jaith would come and stay a few days with me prior to our take off date. We ate, drank, spent time at my pool, relaxed and laughed till our sides split.

Last minute shopping, last minute packing, Lord Jesus ... I promised myself I would not go thru a drama with my luggage and packing choices, but dang, I just had too much to carry!!

the photo below is a visual of the two of our packing and carry style ... guess which side of the Porter is mine??

Name:  088.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  86.4 KB

Sponsor

User Info Menu

LOL...funny Laurel, I hope this is the start of some of the runnin's and photos while you were there!

User Info Menu

Hi Sprats ... HELP!! I am having a hell of a time trying to upload photos! It seems things have changed since I last uploaded from Photobucket (and I can't figure that out); and when I try to upload direct from my computer, I am told my photo file is too large and blocks me from loading.

**sigh**!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I found the same thing Laurel...and it took some time to figure out some new options. I will pm you on facebook

User Info Menu

come with it sister!

User Info Menu

My first day was spent resting at home, catching up together, and enjoying the last of the pear from our tree. He went to the shop to find some fresh bun and icy cold juice for lunch:

Name:  613.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  65.6 KB

and then brought me a Sweet little box meal for supper:

Name:  614.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  66.4 KB
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-18-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Yes Laurel...you got it gurl..

User Info Menu

by guess and by gosh .... stumbling around ~ this may take me forever!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

That's how I felt Laurel.... a four picture format really is a lot of work...especially when you get on a roll and post...and that dreaded message comes up! You have posted 5 pics...lol OMG...please tell me it's not true...

So you have to save work, control delete...copy, save...a pain...

I probably won't do it again, unless it changes and becomes a bit more photo/ report friendly.

So with that said...carry on girl...

User Info Menu

Our first order of business was to sort out transportation ~

my plan was to one day buy myself a Vespa ~ but it really does not make sense for me at this time of transition ... so we bought this instead, and then also had his 5 year old Prestoni Scooter refurbished for me: new brakes & shocks, new this and that ... can't remember what all, but got it all redone and ready like new for me. did not photo it tho.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  80.2 KB
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-18-2011 at 07:30 PM.