Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: A Time For Transitions ~

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Great photos Laurel...and I can see that you had a birds eye view of that overturned boat! lol Nice photos of the villa at Blue Lagoon. After seeing photos over the years, I was surprised at how small the area there actually was.

I think we were just a day ahead of you...but close by each other during PA travels, I am surprised weren't at the same place at the same time!!...

That fish dinner looks simply divine....and you look great in your photos, sporting such a fabulous tan!

Keep em' coming

User Info Menu

{Sprats} ... yes - we certainly did have a view of the area ~ we were actually out with the owners of the villa when they got the phone calls about the drama going down. They had already moved up to Goblin Hill, their renters had moved in ...

the runner jumped thru the property next door ~ so that place had to be emptied out - those renters had possibly finished their stay?? The Feds then were using Crystal Cove as their "base" - so they had to try to "sell the added protection" to their guests ... yikes! It was all peace full during our visits in their home; they had staff security moving all about during the evenings ~ all with such great discretion ... truly top notch! Full day time staff that was so welcoming ... ever so lovely!

It would have been fun to have found you over that side ... but I know you two did not miss much ~ We found there was plenty that I needed to save for when my Bim can come along. Lots of sweet times still to have over there.

*sigh* ... there were some things I still hoped to share from my trip ... I might just try to pull a few photos from Goblin Hill - that property was just STUNNING! my photos are such a mixed up heap ... and I just booked a next ticket to return for a next long stay. ... so as soon as we get the Holiday Celebrating tucked away for this year ... I won't have much time to pull things together before I reach again ~ Happy Happy Holiday Week everyone ~

User Info Menu

Fantastic report and photos Laurel!! Thank you for taking the time to share!

User Info Menu

Love it

User Info Menu

Loved your stories & pics - its late now but I'm gonna sit down tomorrow and do a quick draft of places to try/see from your posts.

User Info Menu

Hi Cinni ... hope you are having a fun Holiday Season ~

Lizzie

Hi NikkiB ... so much fun to be had all about Jamaica!!

~~

Getting ready to cook up a pot of rice and peas ... fresh coconut soon come -

Name:  148000.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  52.3 KBName:  152000.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  69.9 KBName:  153000.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  68.3 KBName:  154000.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  70.5 KBName:  159000.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  163000.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  54.8 KBName:  165000.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  60.2 KB

User Info Menu

One weekend we had a rental car, we planned a day trip out with our new friends ... a drive to Little Ochi for a seafood lunch, with stops along the way ... we stopped to visit Blue Fields Beach for a stretch out of the car:

Name:  0860001.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  91.5 KB

We then made our way to Lovers Leap ... I had wanted to visit this spot for a long time - while we knew the actual attraction was closed for business - we took a chance - expecting that we should be able to see something if we tried ... SO GLAD we took the chance; we drove just a bit past "the entrance" and found an open field ... we had the pleasure of seeing the most stunning views ever!!

Name:  0120001.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  72.0 KBName:  0100001.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  87.8 KBName:  0090001.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  89.8 KBName:  0130001.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  56.4 KB

User Info Menu

We enjoyed Lovers Leap ever so much ... then off to Little Ochi for lunch ~

Name:  0200001.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  81.8 KBName:  0300001.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  56.2 KBName:  0390001.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  54.6 KBName:  0380001.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  56.6 KB

User Info Menu

WOW ... the food was AWESOME!!! Bim and I shared that BIG one up there ... he had the top half steamed, I had the bottom half fried, we also ordered a 1/2 order of either jerk or garlic shrimps, festival, and bammy for the table .. couple of cold beers for us ... too much food for one sitting ... I took the left overs for late night snacking!! They are the most delightful couple ~ Educators from Colorado ... taken early retirement and travel all around the world for the past number of years. What fun that they picked Whistling Bird / Jamaica at the same time I was hanging around The Bird. We used the car rental on several weekends for family outings / events ... and they joined us for random outings when the family went back to school and work. We so much enjoyed their company ... Cheers to you Connie and Bill!

Name:  1210002.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  75.1 KB
    Last edited by Laurel; 12-29-2011 at 06:21 AM.

User Info Menu

We had to stop by this graveyard on our way from Little Ochi ... the most unique grave markers & resting places ~

Name:  0450001.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  79.9 KBName:  0430001.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  73.1 KBName:  0400001.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  77.3 KB

the roads were not at all well marked ... we had to back it up to right ourselves a couple times ... and DANG!!

Name:  0480001.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  37.1 KB

ugh-oh ~ nevermind .... nothing that cannot be fixed!!