Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do

User Info Menu

Don't know what to do

Hello,

I booked at Bar-B-Barn for one week in june and paid for one night when booking. But now i have concerns about the place and maybe would like to book at Coco La Palm or an another resort in the same price range.

Confused girl here

User Info Menu

Well what are your concerns, maybe we can alieve your fears, you can not go to Bar-B-Barn but it will cost you that days pay, Coco is not in the same price range as BBB. Coco has a pool is mid-beach and maybe a step up from BBB but a lot of people like BBB??? So what are your fears?

User Info Menu

I love to be in the ocean but love also a dip in the pool by the end of the afternoon. There is no pool at BBB. I hear much nice reviews for CocoLaPalm. I will not loose my night that i have paid if i cancel before 2 days of my stay.

ty.

User Info Menu

If this is to be your "one and only" trip to Negril, then you might have a problem but you will probably go again, right? Take your week at BBB and enjoy yourself. I don't think you will be out that much. Do your research for your next reach during this one and try to make each choice from this point on a better one. Peace.

User Info Menu

It will be my second time to Negril, have been to the Riu Club. Now i want to try a non AI and be on that part of beach instead of Bloody Beach.

Thanks

User Info Menu

If you aren't going to lose your deposit, then make the switch if you aren't able to sleep at night. BBB does have its fans and it is closer to the nightlife. If you need to use a pool, there are several places along the beach that would allow you to use it if you buy some drinks/food at their restaurant. I do like CCLP, however, and have stayed there many times over the past 10 years.
    Sandi Sans 85/87, CCLP 2002/03/04/05/06/07/08, June/July 2011

User Info Menu

not sure what your worries might be besides the pool thing. I always swim in the sea, so I never miss having a pool. I have stayed at BBBarn twice and would definitely go back again--nice location, great bar, nice staff. But if a pool is a deal breaker for you, check about another place.

User Info Menu

oh, I have to add, the included breakfast at BBBarn is a great feature of staying there.

User Info Menu

I say go with your gut. It's hard to say if you will like it since everyone has different tastes...I personally didn't care for BBB, but there are others that like it...so I guess it just depends. It might take you a few trips sampling different hotels to find that perfect "fit". Good luck!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Hi, I had the same dilemma, but in reverse... I booked at Coco THEN saw the deal that BBB was running via Negrilonestop.. Yes, they are about the same price right now-CCLP is $88per night includes continental breakfast.. BBB is $90 per night includes full breakfast,dinner and a drink... I too was very confused but decided to stay with CCLP-I like the idea of having a pool to take a dip in at night(no problems in the daytime-I'm in the ocean). I've stayed at CCLP before so I know what to expect in terms of comfort, vibe, cleanliness, and security..However I will be taking a walk up the beach and checking out BBB for next year.. I believe they run this special every summer..I will also be checking out NBCC since they had such an awesome special this year.
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....