Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Swim-Up Bars? Who can use?

User Info Menu

Swim-Up Bars? Who can use?

First I want to say - thanks to everyone on the board for priceless information - it's been educational and love reading and so much enjoy the pictures.

Where are the Swim-Up bars?

Does Seastar still have their's? We loved it when we stopped by there a few years back, even though we weren't staying there we were welcomed, we drank, ate and chatted - felt right at home and that's a nice feeling. So do they still have a swim-up bar, I am hearing ard about a new bar.

Are there any on the beach?

Thanks everyone

User Info Menu

SeaStar still has there's of course!

User Info Menu

It's harder to stagger in the water. Heavy drinkers should wear a life vest in case of falling off the stools.

Respect,
    Col. Andy

User Info Menu

Travelers has a swim up bar - Never had to pay but I always buy drinks.

User Info Menu

Travellers has a swim up bar, but it's usually not in use..however, there is no problem bringing your drink to the pool of course. Next door to Travellers is Shields, and they have a swim up bar where you can sit on the stool and look out at the sea and catch a sunset, and they have daily happy hour two for one specials too.

User Info Menu

Think swim up urinal! It's good to get up out of the water to hit the restroom and fetch a drink.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Travelers and Fun Holliday both have one. I've visited both, bought a drink. In both cases I was visitng friendw who are guests there, so not sure if anyone can walk in, but usually if you're buying it's not a problem.

FH's is rarely open, not sure about Trav.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    Think swim up urinal! It's good to get up out of the water to hit the restroom and fetch a drink.
    that's gross, most every single place has a bathroom nearby to use so that is just so unnecessary.