Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Morning Places

User Info Menu

Early Morning Places

Hi everyone,

We are early morning risers - usually by 5 AM. How early do places open? Looking for food and drinks. Is there any place on the beach that opens around 7 AM? It being a laid back area (which is definitely a good thing) people don't move to early.

Thanks,

User Info Menu

I think the earliest is 7am. Although...Mi Yard might be open 24/7 in season...someone here would know...

There's been a list of early breakfast places on the board...a quick search might yield results..
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I usually start my walk at 6:00 am and found that it was difficult to find places open early. Mind you, it was Sept, so maybe more during high season. I found I could get an early coffee at Country Country by around 7:00 am, but they were just setting up for breakfast. CoCo LaPalm was the most consistant with either a 7:00 or 7:30 start for breakfast. I think Whistling Bird is now serving coffee and donuts quite early as well.

User Info Menu

you're welcome to drop by my place for coffee, feb 4-14

User Info Menu

LOL I found this very frustrating during my stays in Sept, Oct, Nove, Dec, Jan, and April this last year. i found myself waiting outside places for long waits for them to open with waking at 6:30-7. cambio don't open till I think 9 am down by bar B barn.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

I also wake early - and am in desperate search for coffee by 7am! Last year, Alfred's was probably the earliest for coffee, not breakfast until around 8 am. The year before when I stayed at Beach club, Travellers had coffee very early.

User Info Menu

Bar B Barn is usually ready to serve at 7:00. Ihave not had any luck finding places open for breakfast before that. i hhave had a few places tell me they were open but they were not ready to even serve coffee. I haveoften thought that if some place on the beach opened up early for coffee and maybe rolls they could make some money. Every year i notice more people up early wandering the beach. One reason is that years ago alot of us would party late into the night. Now alot of us end up going to bed early and get up early. I could be wrong on this.

User Info Menu

I'll second the vote for Miyard. The walk from the beach is so peaceful early in the morning and the vibe at Miyard is great. If you are not into walking the whole distance, take a route taxi to the round about and then it's only a few minute walk.....the cheap prices will cover the route taxi fare.

User Info Menu

Canoe bar now open bright and early and serving breakfast from 7am, a bit of a nice walk from the big beach but you can eat, drink, lounge, swim, snorkel, and chill in an amazing spot!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info....I think we will try out the Canoe bar and Mi Yard. Heading to Jamaica in January - it will be here soon.