Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How safe is Negril to stay in a NON AI??

User Info Menu

I've stayed at Seastar and Oasis when it was Thrills and liked them both, but if I had to choose between the two, would prefer Seastar, simply because the owners, Chris and Francine, are the best and really make the place what it is.

User Info Menu

thanks again Irieworld and Marko, boy, this planning is so exciting!!
    I guess we have to do a little more research regarding your suggestions....I am thinking without looking further 9which we will tonight/tomorrow) that the Seastar Inn is becoming the favourite, considering, price, location. BUT, we will check out Negrilonestop.com and see what they have there!!
    thanks again everyone, this is fun!!
    Simon and Cindy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    When dealing with a persistent/annoying higgler...of course a direct "NO" is the correct response if they are not respecting your initial response of "no thanks".
    But, in every other circumstance a "no thanks" is a perfectly acceptable response...it will NOT be misunderstood. There is no reason to start off rude...as I said above...Jamaicans DO know manners.
    I've always been partial to "I'm good".

As to beach/cliffs...very personal choice. But some folks don't understand that "cliffs" means anywhere from 3-25 or so feet high, very good water access in most cases via steps and sundecks cut into the cliff, and a ladder at the very end. It's not like California or anything, it's jump in and swim. I like it better than the beach, no sand. But the beach is fun too.
    Last edited by ohliz; 12-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Sea Star is not prohibitive to beach time as there is a shuttle offered by Sea Star and most all of the beach locations will allow you to park for the day if you wish so long as you purchase some food or drinks throughout the day. Also the beach is a public beach so you can freely walk up and down it for miles, Sea star also has a very nice pool that you can swim in at all hours. The Saturday night entertainment is broadcast with an online webcast every Saturday night at Realnegril.com.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

I just cannot imagine staying at an AI. Too much great food to eat and too many wonderful people to meet. We too are in our 40's but like to go out at night and dance a liitle and hang out. Negril is the one place I can leave all the bs behind and relax!

User Info Menu

Once you've been...you'll be back again!
    Ooooh, and carry a small LED light when walking at night. it works for me. Relax and have fun!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Simon we stay at the Treehouse and the location is great. We stumbled upon it on line and its nice to see familiar faces
    Each year (staff AND guests!). The breakfast is really good too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1964 View Post
    thanks Craig!!
    So, we have kinda narrowed it down to :
    White sands.
    Rooms on the Beach.
    Oasis.
    Rondell.
    Seastar.

So my question now would be.......would it be better to stay on/near the beach, or somewhere up in the cliff area?
    After all the responses ( some sidetracked but thats OK), We truly believe we would have a great time in Negril.
    Travel dates wise we have narrowed it down to April 6th-13th, or 13th -20th.
    The first week is Easter, would that be a good or bad thing?? IE, would places be closed for celebrating Easter?
    Sorry for the silly questions but we are ready to book ASAP!!
    Cheers,
    Simon and Cindy.

we have stayed at Rondell & Country Country and found we really prefer CC to Rondell. Rondells beach outside of the wall is cramped and looking at Negrilonestop we found CC cheaper since their price already includes the 20% tax/fees that everyone collects

4th consecutive CC visit in February. We split our stays with Blue Cave Castle but have found we do enjoy the beach much more. LOL we seem to spend the day on the beach and have dinner on the cliffs practically ever day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    We split our stays with Blue Cave Castle but have found we do enjoy the beach much more. LOL we seem to spend the day on the beach and have dinner on the cliffs practically ever day.
    After alway staying on the beach, this year it's 7 days of beach at White Sands followed by 7 days of cliffs at Blue Cave Castle. We have never stayed on the cliffs but always enjoyed multiple "day trips" there each reach. We decided to give BCC a try. We may end up cabbing it to the beach from there, who knows. Either way it will be a unique experience and all will be irie.