Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Just back from a toooo short week

User Info Menu

Just back from a toooo short week

Hey all, Just back from a week with my wife and 5 newb's to the NBCC. Had a blast as usual. This trip we did not do as much walking down the beach as usual because a couple of the newb's can't walk far. Arrived on 12/10 and started the ride to Negril with a couple stops on the way for drinks. Great start. Got to the room and purchased some of the essentials for the week, then it was down to the beach. We drank our way to yellow bird in search of a place to watch the Packers on Sunday. Stayed on the beach for the 1st sunset of the week and it was awesome as usual. (not even any clouds at the end). Dinner at coconut int'l (thanks Sheldon) always is a pleasure. Fell asleep early (too many red stripes). Sunday had breakfast at Bar B Barn, then hung out for awhile before the Packer game. Watched the 1st half at white sands till it was turning into a blowout and decided to wander back to yellow bird for 2 for 1 happy hour (gotta luv all those different drink specials every day). After a while of doing that we cleaned up and went to Kuyaba for dinner. Hard to believe but we were the only people there, the beach is almost empty of tourists. Guess what, I was in bed early again. Monday is a lazy day on the beach. Bourbon beach is open again, and the chicken is moist and the sauce is still HOT, but the beers are still warm as they always seem to be. Tuesday, eating from all the vendors on the beach (fruit, jerk pork, meat patties, fresh cooked lobster with lime, gotta love that). Wed. was a day trip day. Went to YS falls (water was really low), then stopped at the canoe bar for a couple, never caught up with the love bus, ended up at LTU for dinner which as usual was excellent. (one note: we were going to go to Ras Roddies for Italian, but we are all meat lovers and they are vegetarian.) Thursday was more lazy on the beach day,(I can't get enough of the jerk pork) and lobster pizza for dinner. Friday was a newb's birthday, so we got her a massage, more jerk pork and fruit, then up to Ricks to dive after a stop by Josephs cave to say hi. Then to the blue cave castle for dinner (thanks to all here that recommended this) the wait for the lobster thermadore was well worth it. Ted was very happy to see us there, as there was only one other couple besides the 7 of us. We will probably spend a few days there next time to extend our trip for a few extra days. (Ted passed out flyers to everyone and the rates are very reasonable). Then it was Saturday and before you know it, it was off to the airport for the trip home. (too bad we didn't have cell service there or we would have gotten the voicemails telling us our flight was delayed 3hrs, and we could have spent that time on the beach instead of at the airport) All in all a great trip, and we all can't wait to go back.

P.S. We had no problems with security at all on our trip.

User Info Menu

nice report mon.........good taste in the places you ate at!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Glad to read all went well.. howcdid the daytrip go. i remember you asking for suggestions b4 you left..

User Info Menu

Nice report. Thank you for sharing w/ us. Glad to hear you had a great time. Thanks for the update on NBCC security.

User Info Menu

Day trip went fine, Jasperpso, the driver you recommended was busy that day so his nephew took us. Only thing was he seemed to not know many stops along the way. I think this may be due to the fact he did not drink or smoke. Other than that, I would recommend him to others as he was very accommodating to us the entire time.

User Info Menu

Glad to hear it worked out. Everton knows all the spots, a shame he didnt take you.. Glad he had a alternative for you anyway..
    I just booked my folks for jan 31st for a week, and i am headed with my kids mid feb, and then again hopefully in mid march for a wedding (solo this one, woohoo).. So i am not far off from my turn.. Cant wait for good home cookin that it seeems only ja can offer.. How do you like nbcc? I booked my folks there cause of the great price, $71 for 1bd rm appt with kitchrn.. I havealways been afraid of the $47 room price to try it, but have never read anything bad about it really.. Anyways, respect mon

User Info Menu

I bought a timeshare there 24 years ago with no major problems. I stayed there about 15 times over the years. Just take the normal precautions and all is good, use the stick on the patio door. I bought a portable door alarm and put it on the patio door when we were asleep, but I don't think we needed it. Use the safe. I usually peel up a corner of the carpet in the closet if I want to stash something. Have fun

User Info Menu

isnt NBCC just the perfect place to bring first-timers ??

we brought people there with us for years, always worked out............we never had security issues either...

Happy Holidays
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning