Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cliff Places - Do they welcome Vistors?

User Info Menu

Cliff Places - Do they welcome Vistors?

Hi there,

I am just full of lots of questions but this is the best place to get answers.

We stay in the beach area our entire trip but want to go exploring and see more of the places on the Cliffs. So do resorts like Blue Castle, RTU, Rock House, Xtabi, etc welcome people that don't stay there. Looking to stop have a few drinks, eating some food, and meeting new people.

Thanks yet again.....Counting the days.

User Info Menu

XTABI for sure, soon come

User Info Menu

Each place has there own rules.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

The Blue Cave Castle will welcome you if you want to check out the property. And Teddy's Hideaway at the Blue Cave Castle is open to the public for some of the finest food in Negril.

User Info Menu

Samsara is non-guest friendly, too .....

User Info Menu

Xtabi is very friendly--just be sure to order drinks/food. Rock house you could go for a meal. LTU is a bar/restaurant--you could go there any time. Also Ivans at Catch a Falling Star is wonderful for a special sunset dinner--but I believe you need to reserve in advance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Country Gal View Post
    So do resorts like Blue Castle, RTU, Rock House, Xtabi, etc welcome people that don't stay there. Looking to stop have a few drinks, eating some food, and meeting new people.
    they sure do......generally the Cliffs(West End) is very traveler and Jamaican friendly......

some of the ones that have their own rules and somewhat strict........
    as far as just going in and start walking around and hanging at the place.....
    Tensing Pen
    Catcha
    SamSara
    Rockhouse

SeaStar is probably by far the friendliest of all the places on the Cliffs...........
    it's our own Cheers on the West End.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 12-20-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Here are the places I would hang out at or swim at on the cliffs:

Xtabi - very friendly, good food, prices medium to high

Samsara- I didn't find them unwelcoming to me, ordered a drink, but that pool and jacuzzi really needs work..jacuzzi was nasty.

Rockhouse - As long as you buy a drink or two or meal, they are fine with nonguests swimming in the cove at the restaurant area, prices were high, and while I have always had good meals on my past trips, do NOT recommend their "lobster roll" or whatever it was..blechh..

Negril Escape - Got a drink and went swimming, they had no problem with it at all.

Whoopie's Hammock Park - Really nice laid back place, there was a place down to go swimming from too.

LTU - good views, good food, prices medium to high

Firewater - Right on the cliffs past Rick's, FANTASTIC VIEWS, ordered a drink, priced decently

Rick's - What can I say, it's a tourist trap, but still worth checking out, ordered a few drinks and swam around a lot, prices are high, only would get a drink or two not really my scene for food, and it's a great place for people watching

Seastar - not right on the cliffs, but still more than worth going to, good food, good vibes, good folks, nice pool with swim up bar, some of the best bartenders on the island imho, and definitely need to go to the Saturday show and buffet!

Sips and Bites - Authentic Jamaican food, prices VERY affordable.

DeBar - Okay, I admit it, my favorite spot to hang out when on the West Side. period.

User Info Menu

Xtabi is killer awesome has a huge non hotel guest following tons to do: swimming, sun beds, caves to explore and swim in cliffs to jump off and eat sitting on and the view is again i say awesome, they have a bar and rest. on seperate side of road from main guest property and it does it's own business as. Prices are medium a little above average but what you get is worth it..

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Negril escape has no problem with visitors..