Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mariner's: switching, with all due respect

User Info Menu

Mariner's: switching, with all due respect

13 sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as a note to any of you who have booked Mariner's...

The number I have, 876-957-4220 connects to the Mariner's reservation desk, but they won't take my change, or confirm my reservation, which by the way has been made since August. They referred me to another number: 212-616-8497. It is an automated number, Reservations International, I think, and they had no record of my reservation.

I LOVE Mariner's. But at the cost of staying there (not a steal at all) I figure I should be able to speak with someone about my reservation, check the rate etc. I'm not fussy, or one of the constant quibbler types...at least I hope not. But the weirdness and instability in the booking process has made me decide to switch.

Ideas?

What has everyone's success rate been with a "Land and Look" approach?

(My first seven nights are booked elsewhere. So I have time to check around).

White Sands looks nice. The Westender looks fun, but I am pretty sure I want to stay on the beach for the last portion of my trip...4 nights.

All thoughts and ideas appreciated!
    Last edited by brasi; 12-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.

User Info Menu

I had a great deal when I did the "Land and Look". If they have open rooms, you can haggle and get a great deal. We were very happy in the end.

User Info Menu

land and look always works out good for me - then you can see your actual room - tell whether or not the hotel is busy - whether the pool is clean - whatever - and believe me there is always a room available somewhere

User Info Menu

I think land and look is ok for slow season--but not sure how much would be available in 13 days. I would not stay at Mariners again after my experience there last year, though I like the NBCC part of the property. I am sure you can do better. Personally I like knowing where I am going and having a room set before I travel, but if you are open to landing wherever there is a spot free, go for it.

User Info Menu

I've done it a few times now, with great success so far. I did have a few nervous moments last Christmas reach when it took a few stops at the hotels in my budget range before I found one. You are booked for your first week, so I would say go for it! There are lots of hotel rooms in Negril, so I am sure you can find something.

User Info Menu

let me take care of it, Brasi! I live for stuff like this!

User Info Menu

Stay across the road at Coral Seas Garden Hotel.

Very clean, wonderful house keepers, safes in all rooms, 2 beds, AC, phone in room, 2 big fluffy bath towels and a nice swimming pool and live music on Monday nights.

Tell them Marko from Chicago sent you for a wonderful rate.

It is across the road from Bar B Barn and next door to Sunrice Club.
    Excellent part of the Beach road.

876-957-4388

User Info Menu

Oops, sorry, I did not see you wanted beach side.

Still, check out the Coral Seas Garden, you will be glad you did.

User Info Menu

Never Full....ever
    always a place....the best ones are found like that.............

chances are you land in the AM, most places check in isnt till 3.....gives 'ya plenty time to look and ask around at different spots...
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Never Full....ever
    always a place....the best ones are found like that.............

chances are you land in the AM, most places check in isnt till 3.....gives 'ya plenty time to look and ask around at different spots...
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning