Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Just booked my flight for the 24th advice sought

User Info Menu

Just booked my flight for the 24th advice sought

US Air had a ticket for $434 leaving on Xmas eve from Boston and coming back on Dec 31 and I snapped it up

This will be my first time there alone and I'm looking forward to it after a hard year! I tend to not make hotel reservations in advance, as I've had lots of luck virtually everywhere I've gone in the world by walking up and negotiating down the rate (including Negril: Whistling Bird '09)

So I was looking for people's thoughts on where to stay. I'm not looking for anything expensive or high-end. I'd prefer to be on the beach, the more central the better. What's the best combo of price/comfort I can find next week? Any suggestions on where to go to meet people (women)? Any other travelers looking to meet others?

THe other two times I was there was with my ex and we were asleep by 9!
    Last edited by SoloTraveller; 12-21-2011 at 04:16 PM.

User Info Menu

If you like beach, and central, try White Sands. It's close to Roots Bamboo and Alfred's. Good rates. I have heard good things about the place, nice likkle beach bar and a sun deck, too.

http://www.whitesandsjamaica.com/

User Info Menu

Sent you a PM

User Info Menu

The Coral Seas Garden is an excellent Hotel for solo travellers.

It is across the road, which is very nice.

Super clean rooms, wonderful house keepers, swimming pool, AC, safes in the room, phone in the room.

It is family owned and operated.

If you call, tell them Marko from Chicago is your pal, you will get a great rate.

It is next door to Sunrice Club and across the road from Bar-B-Barn.

Nice stretch of the beach road.

User Info Menu

Just booked Coral Seas @ $450 for 7 nights. Happy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    Any suggestions on where to go to meet people (women)(!
    you'll need to stay up later than 9PM if you want to meet ladies..........lol

here you go........the daily social calendar etc etc

Clubs (these are the most popular but there are more)

Alfreds for Live Music on Sunday on da beach 10PM - 2PM $500J's Admission - Drinks & Beers $200J's
    Cafe Goa on Sunday for Brunch on da beach road with live music - Best Coffee in Negril

7PM to Midnight on Mondays the Coral Seas Gardens on the beach road has the Reggae Energy with the Hiyah Grade Band $500J's Admission - Drinks, Dinner and Dancing with Hotties
    During the day White Sands on the beach on Mondays has $170J Red Stripe Beers

Late Tuesday nights till sunrise at MiYard for live DJ's on da West End Rd – Open 24 Hours
    Alfreds on da beach for Live Music on Tuesday nights 10PM - 2PM $500J Admission
    Well Drinks, Red Stripe, Heinken, Guiness, etc are all $200J's

Wednesday nights “On the Rocks” has a party night dj playing on da West End Road
    Roots Bamboo on Wednesday nights for Live Reggae Concert on da beach 10PM till 2AM

Jungle on Thursday nights for Ladies Night on da beach road 10PM till everyone leaves
    Sunset's on the Beach on Thursday nights for 2-4-1 redstripes & rum & free live music.
    Charela Inn blues on Thursday nights on da beach

Alfreds on da beach for Live Music on Friday nights 10PM - 2PM $500J Admission

SeaStar Inn on da Cliffs on Saturday nights for $18 for the buffet and entertainment - free pickup and dropoff too! Seastar Bashment is a must do - 7PM to midnight
    Jungle Disco is happening on Saturday nights 10PM till 4AM
    Rooftop Disco on Saturday nights 9PM - ?
    American Pie every night......

Scrub A Dub Go Go Club is open 10PM till sunrise everyday and has on site dancers/hookers with rooms
    XXX on the beach road everyday where everyone heads after other places close for the night

Bars (there are 100's and this is just a sample - mi favorites)

Corner Bar has cheap drinks and beers......some on here call it a hookers bar
    White Sands 2 for 1 drink specials till 4PM
    Legends and SamSara Happy Hour 4 - 7PM
    YellowBird Happy Hour 4 to sunset on da beach
    Rockhouse 6-7pm
    SeaStar Inn Happy Hour 4-6pm
    Canoe Happy Hour 2-6pm - 2 for 1 Red Stripes $200J's
    Coco LaPalm 2 for one Happy Hour from 5 to 7 every night but Monday
    Boat Bar for 200J Red Stripes on da beach
    Sunnyside Bar (Yellow and Green with bench seatiing - next to ROOMS) 150J Red Stripe Beers
    SunBeach for 170J Red Stripes on da beach - it's mi hangout on da beach
    Firefly for 170J Red Stripes on da beach
    White Sands Mondays $160J Red Stripe Beers
    Aqua Bar on the beach on Sundays 5PM - 7PM has some super specials on rum and appetizers - nice place

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 12-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

MARKO---how do I save your suggestions for my next trip. Was very low keyed my first time down. I need to at least hit a happy hour or two next time

User Info Menu

"During the day White Sands on the beach on Mondays has $120J Red Stripe Beers"

Is this still happening?

User Info Menu

Thanks Marko..I was just thinking about your great lists the other day and I was just waiting until I had some time on my hands to do a search. As many times as I've been to Negril,once I'm there my mind just goes blank when I am trying to think of different places to eat, etc. I have the nightly entertainment down pat though!

And now I have a great list of bars and drink specials....OOOohhh I just can't wait next Thursday can't get here soon enough!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    "During the day White Sands on the beach on Mondays has $120J Red Stripe Beers"

Is this still happening?
    yup......but don't know the latest Red Stripe Beer price........
    seems like everyone has risen their Red Stripe Beer prices up a notch recently......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20