Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: St. Anthony's Soup Kitchen Negril

User Info Menu

Cool St. Anthony's Soup Kitchen Negril

We arrived Saturday for the second of what we hope will be many visits to Negril. On Monday we volunteered at St. Anthony's for the lunch service - they are now serving over 200 meals each Mon, Tues& Thurs. They are also sponsoring 38 kids in school and now have a thrift shop which helps pay the rent. They love volunteers to help out if you're in Negril and can spare a few hours. It's a great cause! Fr. Jim can always use cash donations too!

User Info Menu

I did it when I was there over Thanksgiving! Wonderful people!! Mondays are busy days, aren't they... . Didn't "do" tuesday, but went back for chicken foot soup on Thanksgiving day. 4 young men from 7th day Adventist church were helping on Thursday, so I got to slack off and hung out with the peeps at the tables... Will be an annual thing!

User Info Menu

Here is a link for St. Anthony's Kitchen's webpage that has the contact info.

http://kitchen.coolnegril.com/

User Info Menu

Oh how wonderful did not know about this.

User Info Menu

Wonderful place and Fr. Jim is the best! What a great soul. I helped out earlier this week getting them ready for their big Christmas distribution - which is happening today! We made 120 gift bags for the kids - another group packaged up as many bags of food yesterday. Its a nice thing to do - to take some time from your vacation and help these wonderful people out, it makes a huge difference.

User Info Menu

I would like to volunteer when I go there. Where is it located in Negril?

User Info Menu

It's located somewhat across the street from the cop-shop and car-park, set in a bit. Ask anyone - they'll know the exact location.

User Info Menu

I think thats wonderful....Blessings to you all....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)