Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Need Advice for Summer Trip

User Info Menu

Need Advice for Summer Trip

I will be making a trip back to Negril this August, and will be taking my friend Lori and possibly my son Ronny, who will be twenty then. I figured on getting either two rooms at Hidden Paradise or a two bedroom at Negril Beach Club Condos..when I emailed Jean Gaynair she said she could do two studios at$60 each, which is a really good price..really close to Hidden Paradise's price of $55 for a room each..but my friend is really concerned about the reviews on Trip Advisor. I told her that most of the negative reviews aren't for the part that she manages, but would like to hear from others who have stayed there before and used Jean Gaynair so I can show this to her so she will be okay with it, and to find out which of the two I have narrowed it down to would be best. Only requirements for a place is ac and a pool and of course maintained well, and trying to keep it at no more than $140 a night for a place with three beds, either two rooms, or a place with separate sleeping areas for my friend and I, and then for my son. I would go back to Summerset Village as I was very happy there, but unfortunately the only rooms with ac they have only have one bed, so that is out. The other rooms and cottages they have have more room, but no ac, and in August it is definitely a necessity.

User Info Menu

What about Seastar? You can get both options, however your son would undoubtedly want the 2 room option.

User Info Menu

That is a great deal for NBCC. I have stayed there (on Jean's side, not Mariners) 4 times and have always been very happy. I love that the places come with a full kitchen-- I cooked breakfast and lunch or dinner there and supplemented that with meals from Juicy J or Fatty's or other nearby spots which really cut down my trip budget. Plus I always had ice cubes going in the freezer and made my own drinks. The beach there is wonderful--very wide stretch of sand and plenty of space so you are not packed together like sardines. Jean is very accommodating and the one time I was not happy with my room, moved me to another. I have not stayed at Hidden Paradise, so can't comment on that.

I did stay on the Mariners part of the NBCC property once and would never do that again. I would think that is where the negative reviews are coming from.

User Info Menu

Be aware that one of the posts on trip advisor was made by a woman who was robbed & the police suspect her unemployed Jamaican boyfriend was behind it. There was a long thread on here because what the woman posted was not true. She had not locked her room. Her boyfriend attempted to blackmail Jean & the security manager (also threatened to kill him). He told them he would have his girlfriend post bad reviews online if they did not give him the $$$ he demanded. Police had to remove him from the property & have asked that he not return. The GF has posted the bad reviews & as far as I know, hers is one on trip advisor. The other not so good reviews are probably for the hotel side.

The price she has given you is great. I love staying there & will be there for 2 weeks in February. Everything Irieworld wrote is so true. It's also an easy walk to town. The Negril Gym is right across the street. I love getting meals from Fatty's. The restaurant on property, Lingah by the Sea, has great food & reasonable prices.

User Info Menu

Deleted, because I misread the post. I have heard good things about NBCC. Sorry about the accidental hijack.
    Last edited by brasi; 12-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.

User Info Menu

negrilaholic is asking about NBCC where reservations and rates are no problem mon. Jean quotes a rate and sticks to it.

User Info Menu

thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I just wanted to make sure that all was copacetic. I figured it was mostly mariner's reviews, but I did hear about the robbery and it did concern me a bit, but now that I know the whole story behind it, I'm good to go. I will let Lori know and that will be my next stay.

User Info Menu

I have stayed in October and Jean is great! I was hoping to be staying at NBCC in August 2012 as well! Maybe I will see you there.
    Can't wait....Negril!,November 2012 for 6th visit.