Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Second disappointment with Clive's transport

User Info Menu

Second disappointment with Clive's transport

Just wanted to post some quick feedback about Clive's transport service. This was the second time that we used them - the first was OK, someone was at the airport waiting to pick us up and delivered us to Negril for $70 plus tip (Dec 2010). I had scheduled a return trip and they didn't show up, which meant that had we had to hire a local taxi, no big deal. This December I scheduled and confirmed a pick-up, waited about 15-20 minutes and finally had to hire someone else at the airport. Clive's replied a few days later with an email apology that their driver was helping someone else. Again, not really the end of the world but I won't be using their services any longer because I value reliability. It's very frustrating to sit outside of Sangster and wait in the crowd of drivers/porters , watching your luggage etc without a ride... anyone know of a better company for next time?

User Info Menu

Kingsley James of Take Care Tours for $50 and he is reliable. Do a search.

User Info Menu

We've used Clive's many times and never had a problem.........sorry it did'n't work out for you.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You can find Kingsley of Take Care Tours lin our Tours section above!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Do you let the airport staff (ie. greeter who asks "which hotel?" or the Red Caps) know you are meeting up with Clives? That's what I do, and they always ALWAYS have made sure I connected with someone from Clives. Deshawn (sp) from Clives is usually at the airport, making sure everyone is taken care of and gets into their vehicle. Their loading point is near the phone booth at the outside edge of the pickup area.

Of course this doesn't help with your missing pickup from Negril. That would be more stressful, IMO. I always confirm with them my pickup from Negril a day or two ahead of time. I'm not so concerned on arrival as I know it will work out.

User Info Menu

Alfred's $50 per airport trip.
    That's a competitive price.

User Info Menu

Winston and his brothers are awesome!
    Last edited by cassidygirl; 12-22-2011 at 09:33 AM.

User Info Menu

We have used Juta many times .never a problem .$36.00 a person round trip to Negril if booked ahead.Just go to Juta web page

User Info Menu

Winston,Kirk and Tula are 3 brothers who all drive. They all are friendly,efficient and always on time. Kirk has been my driver for 20 years or so and has never missed a pickup or has he been late.

User Info Menu

Chicken is the man!

Great friend....he is always there, very reliable and a great driver.
    www.chickensmagicbus.com