Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: HUGE "Eating Negril" spread in new Caribbean Travel + Life

User Info Menu

HUGE "Eating Negril" spread in new Caribbean Travel + Life

I'm shocked no one has posted this yet...

The February Caribbean Travel + Life magazine has a 14 - yes, FOURTEEN - page article on eating in Negril by Steven Petusevsky, owner of Kojak's. It includes a beautiful two page spread on Miss Sonia's - which is terrific for this beautiful lady who has seen her share of hard times.

The bad news: all our favorite little secrets are out. The great news: Negril is getting the attention it deserves for its miraculous food.

Now we REALLY want to come back.

User Info Menu

Could you post a link to this? And I'm glad that Miss Sonia is getting the attention she deserves.

User Info Menu

Actually this was posted previously. I remember because I responded that I'd been carrying my copy around & had not yet read it. Just got to it today & that's where my reading of CT&L left off. I'm probably on the 6th-7th page. BTW... since not all names are named, the pastry man is Anthony. His aunt does the baking, he does the selling on the beach. Very nice young man.

User Info Menu

Here is my info from previous thread concerning this magazine article .................... "There is a free download available for this edition at http://magazinesdownload.com/post/20...uary-2012.aspx

Mine only took 3 minutes but the site states up to 17 minutes in the "free mode" .................. less then 1 minute in the "Gold" (pay) mode"

The download is for the entire magazine but I was able to extract and save "on the cloud" just this article. It is worth the effort ........ great article ! !

User Info Menu

Cant figure out how to load as a pdf?

User Info Menu

Try this link for entire magazine:

http://magazinesdownload.com/downloa...d=9308&supid=2
    Last edited by Captain Oil; 12-23-2011 at 10:20 AM.

User Info Menu

good story, and written with love by a chef who has been coming to Negril for 25 years -- he loves Miss Sonias, Three Dives, Sweet Spot, Just Natural and a few others, but his favorite is the roadside stands ... can anyone relate???

User Info Menu

Captain Oil, thanks for the link. It downloaded in about 3 minutes for FREE. I do have Fiber Optic so the download speed may be faster than others. Thanks so much