Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: advice on hotel jan 31 to feb 8th

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasperpso View Post
    Oh yeah, i remember reading that.. thanks for the heads up..
    You're welcome. Sad that she's still popping up & embarrassing herself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasperpso View Post
    gerryg

how did you get that rate for fun holiday? i called and asked, and was quoted $150 for a 'regular room' and they didnt have a ocean view.. that was no problem but $150!! crazy different then your price..
    LOL, i had the exact same issues with Fun Holiday while planning my return -- found a rate of 66 multiple times on the Net, then emailed to see if they could BEAT this rate (might as well shoot for the sky, right?), and the silly respondent kept going a little bit down in price with each succeeding email, from 100 to 90 to 80 to 75 but would not match the published, advertised rate. Poor service, IMO .... that's just bad business when so many Indy's are starved for new arrivals.

I guess I can now let the truth out: There were a bunch that were willing to go as low as 50 dollars per night once you contacted the hotel directly, so I did not mess with Fun Holiday for long ..... (Tho the email string between us is actually funny, even if I was the only one who got the joke.)

Anyway, to get a good rate, you start with travbuddy.com, plug in your dates, and that site combines like 30 sites in one. Just refreshed my search a moment ago, and Fun Holiday is available for 64 per night with NO extra charges on otel.com .....

PS: I still plan to swim in their pool!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    at's just bad business when so many Indy's are starved for new arrivals.
    PS: I still plan to swim in their pool!
    mi too.......probably at da webcast

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

well, they went ahead and booked.. They opted for NBCC, simply because they are familiar with the beach there - and the cost for a room with a fridge/kitchen was really reasonable ($72 a night).. i know there are nicer places, but for the price and location i think they are doing allright - also if they just hate it - they can always go look for something else after the first night - but i expext it will do just fine for them.. anyways - i do appreciate all your input folks - and merry christmas..