Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: advice on hotel jan 31 to feb 8th

User Info Menu

advice on hotel jan 31 to feb 8th

well, me dad was asking me what he should get my mom for christmas today, and i felt compelled to suggest a week in Negril.. to my suprise he started talking about how he has some airmiles.. after a few minutes on the AA site, i had him booked for flights, only 1 hr layover in mia on the way, and a direct flight on the way home - lots of options - i was impressed what miles bought this time..

anyways so he asks me where to stay - after some searching - and for the money - i suggested Xtabi, and my mom has found a good price on 'sunset on the beach'..

I have no experience at either location - but have heard decent things about xtabi, never really heard anything about sunset on the beach?

what are your ideas? would like to keep room around 100$ and breakfast would be a nice plus but not required.. thanks guys.. they stayed treehouse last year with me - and liked it enough - but would like try something different.. also with booking soo close availability seems to be playing a part.. thanks guys

User Info Menu

We have fallen in love with Xtabi - simple but clean and the people are great. I know they offer a breakfast package, we prefer jus natural right next door and eating fresh fruit on our balcony. If they want luxury, it isn't the right place - but for a laid back stay at a great price you can't beat Xtabi. I would note that we aren't much for partying though, which makes the atmosphere of Xtabi perfect for us.

User Info Menu

Sunset on the beach

Stayed at Sunset on the beach 8 times mostly when it was coral seas, Great staff property clean , had better security when it was coral seas, Only down point is when the sea gets rough nasty water from river flows right in front of the property. Thats the reason I will try Fun Holiday this year. Soon Come Limo Mon

User Info Menu

My mom is worried she wouldnt like a garden room at xtabi because it could be on the other side of the street? Anyone sftaay in a garden room? Your opinions?

I think they are leaning towards sunset on the beach. Anyone else pipe in about this place?

Also, if i am leaving out a great place to call?

Jason

User Info Menu

I stayed at sunset when it was coral seas also. IMO It has run down and security issues since the new ownership took over.

User Info Menu

mi stayed at Sunset when it was Coral Seas and there was a lot of deferred maintenance back then........
    and don't think the lady that has leased it out from Coral Seas as put much back into the place......
    Treehouse is a heck of a lot better choice than Sunset.......of course it is more dollars
    personally mi probably would push them towards like Travelers or Bar B Barn or Negril Beach Condos or Rooms
    if they want to stay on the wata on da cliffs.....try Blue Cave Castle.......hard to beat

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Hey Look, don't go through any hassles, just call Coral Seas Garden Hotel, its on the Morass side across the street fro Bar B barn. Great, great location!

It has 2 beds to a room, Nice veranda/balcony for chillin outside with wood table and 2 chairs, AC, solid key safe in room, cable TV,
    phone in room, swimming pool, excellent cleaning ladies who actually sanitize, and beautiful grounds.

The restaurant I believe is closed, but they concentrate on all the other things.

I bet you can get 2 rooms for $140 a day

Tell them Markospoon from Chicago sent you.

Let me know what happens.

Call Juneene, the manager at 876-957-4388.

Tell them Markosppon from Chicago recomeded you to them.

User Info Menu

Do your folks want the beach or the cliffs? That should be answered before making a choice.

That said, I second what Marko said. I stayed at Coral Seas Beach in 2000 & 2001 before the management/name change. I enjoyed it then but that was then & this is now. Check some of the other places he suggested... NBCC, Travellers, etc. Coral Seas Garden, although not on the beach, would also be worth checking out, as Markospoon suggested. It's a nice property w/ a pool & a Monday night of entertainment. Good location, too.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 12-23-2011 at 04:27 PM.

User Info Menu

P.S. I'll be in Negril 2/1-15 if your folks have the need to meet up w/ a seasoned traveler to Negril. I'm guessing that they're probably in the vicinity of my age. If they end up on the beach & might want to meet up, let me know.

User Info Menu

i am sure they would dig the cliffs, but if on the cliffs my mom has it in her head she wants a ocean view, which i think kills the budget they are trying to keep - on the beach she wouldnt require a ocean view.. so i think beach it is... right now looking at mariposa hideaway as well - near budget and they have a room.. my mom is 57 and dad 62, and no they arent 'party people'.. lol i will let them know Yvonne - also - looks like Chet and Colleen will be in negril too - as they live here where i live - my dad knows them well too - in fact they were talking together this afternoon at my family business..