Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ****vintage jamaican photos****

User Info Menu

****vintage jamaican photos****

After looking at Captaind and Farmers vintage photos, it made me want to see more of Jamaica back in the day. So if anyone has any old vintage photos of this lovely island please post and share some of the story with us. Looking forward to seeing them!!

User Info Menu

Here's a link to an album of when I was first building the "roundhouse" in 1973 on Zion Hill

www.photobucket.com/zionhill

Here's a link to my Hobie cat fleet at Negrill Sands about 1981

www.photobucket.com/negrilsailing

Excuse me if I have previously posted these.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

WOW Captaind! Those are some really awesome photos. It's hard to explain, but I felt a wave of inspiration while looking at the building the "roundhouse" photos. To see you and your friends build that roundhouse from the ground up all based around what appears to be that one tree tunk is amazing. Then after all the hard labor to have your own little peice of paradise that you built in such a beautiful area looked so fulfilling. I love the way the inside was decorated. Can you share a little history about the round house? Is it still there? How long did it take to build, who did the blueprint,did you have to purchase the property it was built on? Also really enjoyed the photos of the Hobie cat fleet, you look like you were totally in your element and really enjoyiing life. I love that photos can capture moments for a life time. They are great to look back at. Thanks for sharing.