Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Mrs. Yvonne

User Info Menu

Angry Mrs. Yvonne

[QUOTE=Yvonne;24503]Right, Christine. This is the woman who was robbed - doors left unlocked, police think her boyfriend set it up - & has since resorted to badmouthing NBCC on the internet because her BF could not extort $$$ from them. BF, thankfully now barred from the property by management & the police.[/QUOTE

Mrs. Yvonne,

You are the one who is embarrassing me and insulting me on this board Who are you to have that attitude towards me ?

I’m being accused here of badmouthing !

Sorry, but you are badmouthing on me with your post. I have the right to not recommend that property without being badmouthing on. If you recommend that hotel, it’s your right, i respect that but I will never recommend a place that has bad security. It’s my right to do so !

Don’t you remember about 3 weeks ago, a member of this board (Scuba scott) has posted his bad experience about being robbed at that resort ? I invite you to go read his whole post again. Here are some quotes from his post :

Of course security and the front desk respond at this point but seem none to worried or particularly interested.

When we were on the beach in the morning we find out through gossip another room with two women staying in it was also broken into during the same night. They lost a bunch of stuff and were very shaken up by the situation. I was told they made a report with the police, checked out and had no plans of ever visiting Jamaica again. What a shame.

I don’t necessarily blame the hotel. Yes, the door locks on our room were ridiculously weak. Yes, the staff didn’t seem to be that alarmed by what happened. And…No, they didn’t offer to make us happy by relocation or even a reduction on the room rate…I know this hotel well, both the condo and the rental sides and the decision to stay there was mine. I made a mistake at least this time.

In the future I will stay ONLY where I believe the security of the room and the guards to be sufficient, not just a guy asleep in a chair sometimes on the beach and other times who knows where... I will block the doors securely or use a device to eliminate unknowing entry. I will be more aware of my surroundings. What else can I do?

So a few robberies have happened in a short time. Have they improve the security ? No. Have they repaired the door locks ? I hope so.

Where did you take that ? "police think her boyfriend set it up" Do you know things I don’t know about MY bad experience? I talked with the 2 policemen when it happened and after twice (with a caporal) and he never told me that. If he had a clue about that, he had the right to tell me. He never ask me questions regarding what you are stating. I don’t know if the guy set me or not, I will never know. And you too don’t know, so stop gossiping about that.

Saying that i am badmouthing about the resort "because her BF could not extort $$$ from them". I’m not defending the guy here, I don’t know if he as something to do with it or not (as i said, will never know). These are accusations that you are making. What right do you have to do so ? Are you a police to say that ? Do you know more than me about it ?

So this being said, Mrs. Yvonne please take your pink glasses off about that property (security wise).

I really hope that you never get robbed there or elsewhere, very bad experience and I don’t need from you or anyone else to add on it as you done. Stop assuming things on me and making me a look like a criminal. BACK-OFF !

User Info Menu

Christine...

The truth is from Jean Gaynair & also from a friend who was staying there at the time... another person you told you had not locked your door. That is how I know the true story. Jean e-mailed me & asked me to post the true story. You must have missed it earlier. I believe you are the one needing to back off. Here it is for you to read...

Hello Yvonne, Christine is not telling the whole story, Thanks for your support I cannot go on the board to defend my self. If you can post my side

I have been taking care of visitors for over 30 yrs and its important to me about their safety so I have always try to brief visitor about their responsibility as well , Initally I had no doubt about the entry to Christine’s room but after her boyfriend’s death threat and demand for cash from the security manager it left everyone in doubt now . She checked in with her jamaican boyfriend October 29 spent 8 ngts in that room before the incident her front door has dead bolt lock and chain and the patio door had chain and lock plus the stick which everyone uses as extra security measure .It was her first time staying at the Beach club but security say he Patrick has stayed and visit guest on the property on a few occasion, Security observed Christine ‘s Friend Patrick from Red ground had a lot of local visitors coming to their apartment staying late and cooking, some were not allowed in … The night in question they had a dinner party and was up late , they did not lock their patio door , they admitted that to me and other guest they never use the chain or the stick , After they made the report of their lost to the police, she lost $100us and $25 ca I told her and Patrick that they have to take some of the blame as they left the door open and made no attempt to have locked it . I would give her the $100us cash her camera and 2 cell phone will be covered by our insurance which we reported … she also had travel insurance which she got the report from the police to make the claim . however early next morning Her friend Patrick, went to the security manager Cole , demanded money, threaten his life and offer to stab him with scissor and blood him up if he did not pay $400 us for his phone, $600 us for camera and $400us for Christine cell phone. He has also threaten other workers, Cole had to call in the police and file a report of the death threat by this guy Patrick. Patrick return to the hotel again after check out and continue to demand money the police had to be called in and they remove him and ask him not to return to the property. Since that time the Police concluded he is of questionable character unemployed and possible robbed himself…He told us if we did not give him the money Christine was going on the internet to spread his story.

Jean Gaynair
    Last edited by Yvonne; 12-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.

User Info Menu

I did read this and what you just post from Mrs. Gaynair email is not the same thing as was posted last november. What are you up to with this ??? Crap !! If you want to post the email, at least post the original one.....

It doesn't make any difference to me with the fact that i will never recommend this place to anyone. It's MY RIGHT ! AND AGAIN, who are you to assume things and insult me as you did. I'm not a criminal or a bad person as you seem to have fun saying around. So mind your own business Mrs. Yvonne and everything will be fine for all of us. Stop gossiping about things that you don't really know about. YOU BACK-OFF for once and always.
    Last edited by Christine; 12-24-2011 at 03:19 PM.

User Info Menu

What?
    Last edited by captaind; 12-24-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Administrator

User Info Menu

Christine,

The truth in this matter is that you have brought the negative comments about your postings on yourself. In your initial post here on Negril.com, you accused the security and management as taking part in the incident, and left out some basic facts like the fact you had a "boyfriend" stay in your room and he had his friends coming to your room, as well as having a late night party on the night of the incident. There is also question as to whether you locked the room or not as Yvonne pointed out.

You now claim that "I don’t know if the guy set me or not, I will never know". I do find it interesting that you did not even want to admit he even existed in your first thread and now you admit he might have set you up. Yet, you still want to blame the resort.

The fact is you were publicly bashing a well known and popular place in Negril for an incident that occurred in your room. It is a fact that you suggested the security was in on the incident in your first post. It is a fact that you never mentioned the existence of your "boyfriend" in the original post. It is a fact that you now admit that your "boyfriend" may have set you up. It is a fact that your "boyfriend" threatened the security with a scissor and he said that you would make sure the story was posted all over the internet, which has happened as he claimed it would. All of this does lend credibility to the idea that you are badmouthing the resort in a personal vendetta. And this kind of behavior is not welcome on Negril.com.

Had you been honest and forthcoming in your first post, as Scuba Scott was in his post, then no one would be saying anything about your badmouthing anyone.

Here is my final response to you in your original thread over a month ago. When you look at the facts -the truth of what your behavior has been since you began posting on the internet about 2 months ago, it cannot come as any surprise to you that these types of comments are taking place about your intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Christine,

You have been the victim of a crime. No one has been disputing that. It is a terrible thing to go through. After being a victim of a crime, you have chosen to use this forum to make a condemning post about the NBCC and directly making a suggestion that you feel that security may have had something to do with it. You made this condemning post without stating some key details in the story, leaving out facts that would suggest that someone other than security had something to do with it. It wasnt until one poster suggested to you that you are not being forthcoming with all the pertinent details and another poster directly mentions that you had a boyfriend in the room with you, did you finally allow everyone to know this critical bit of information.

Leaving out such key details when making such a condemning post is not fair to anyone; the property, the staff, the owners of the property or the readers here on Negril.com. With these omissions you created more victims including the security staff that you made reference to without any proof in your original post. You are a victim of a crime yes, but by leaving out the true facts in your original post you created other, new victims. This is your own doing and you are not a victim regarding this thread - you created these victims by unfairly accusing others and not letting everyone know key details that did not support your accusations.

As for the word "party", another poster used the word "party" as was described to them by a source in Negril who witnessed the dinner/party. I was simply using the word that the poster used since you had not been forthcoming with that information as you didnt about your boyfriend who stayed in your room.

About Mrs. Gaynair, you didnt state in your first post that everything was cool but that "the manager of my room Mrs. Gaynair only gave me 100.00us for compensation." This is far from sounding like everything was cool and does not put Mrs. Gaynair in a good light. Because you wrote about her being cool later does not change the content of your original condemning post.

I agree that a hotel should have secure working locks on their doors. But if I choose to stay in a room without a properly working lock and had stuff stolen, I sure as heck would not come on the internet and condemn the hotel for my lack of due diligence in not demanding a different room.

You are a victim of a crime and that is unfortunate to say the least. But regarding this thread, you created victims of others by omitting important details that would obviously not support your suggestion that the security staff had something to do with the robbery. Just because you are victim of a crime does not give you the right to create new, equally innocent victims.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!