Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report *NEW* - Morning Breaks

User Info Menu

Exclamation ~~ Sweetness Trip Report *NEW* - Morning Breaks

...and I am conflicted....grateful but sad.....this life seems like my life now, I am so emersed...doesn't seem real that another life exists. So I take my morning coffee and go sit by the sea to reflect. As a photog wannabe I notice how beautiful the morning lighting is and snap some breathtaking photos of Westender seaside beauty. Its always hard to capture on film what you see with your eyes in amazement but these really caught the hopefullness of the moment.

Sadness is gone as I know now that it is meant for me to live by the sea and that I believe I will. I will make that happen. I also know I will be back soon - soon as possible lol (Poolguy you are a bad influence - but I love you man).

Name:  075.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  076.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  077.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  95.2 KB
    Name:  078.JPG
Views: 440
Size:  95.1 KB
    Name:  080.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  86.2 KB
    Name:  082.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  42.5 KB
    Name:  096.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  43.1 KB
    Name:  097.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  61.3 KB
    Last edited by Sweetness; 12-28-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness- Your pictures are the very place, I sat, alone one afternoon. As tears came to my eyes, rolled down my cheeks. At that moment, I had realized that I had learned to live life. Which was the hardest thing to accomplish (for all of us) . I couldn't wait to tell my grown kids, who I know secretly worry about me. I had my camcorder with me and documented that moment. When I'm gone from this earth, I have it for my kids to watch in a safety deposit box. I know they will be so happy and follow my lead in their own lifes. When I saw your pictures, it all came back to me. Thanks for the memories.

User Info Menu

oh Juli - now my eyes are wet. I feel your words deep in my heart. What an amazing gift you have preserved and will pass on. Bless you.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

That is a magical place. Everyone needs to spend a few days at the Westender.

User Info Menu

{{Sweets}}

when are you going back? I booked my next long stay ticket yesterday ... a couple weeks from now.

User Info Menu

funny you ask Laurel - I was just looking at flights (lol) mi can stay away.........

Prices are ridiculous though......hmmm.....was looking at Feb but not sure gotta think about it more.....
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Years ago I hired one of the senior fishermen from Bloody Bay to go out one morning....I am not really a fisherman,in fact I am a bad fisherman but wanted the experience. The Captains name was Mandela I believe.He was about 60 years old.If you looked at his body from fishing the earth his whole life he looked like he was 25 years old.Very muscular,great shape.
    We go out into the choppy waters,2 poles and 2 hand lines,Im sitting in front and we are not catching a thing BUT the salt water is spraying into my face and I dont care.....The Captain yells,"grab the hand line" I see nothing but do as told........ I'm pullin the hand line in hand over hand just like 100 years ago,we get a nice Albacore(I think)...... I ask him how long he has been a fisherman and he says "five motors ago,the next motor will be my last and I will retire"...He measured his seniority by how many boat motors he went through........ I gave one fish to the Captain and kept the other,proudly strutting down the beach....
    My point is,we didnt need an expensive boat,or rods or reels and it still works.Sometimes I feel the fisherman has it right and I have it wrong to live the rat race and chase the dollar....Thats what Negril does to me,it grounds me......

User Info Menu

Fred - thank you for sharing your story and your wisdom. Its a great reminder to us all to appreciate the simple things. Bless your journey Fred and sending wishes for more fishing trips in your future.

[LOVE your profile name - very cute play on words]
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Laurel, Sweetness, ain't it grand?!!? Notice that ~ the more you do it, the easier it is to do!

User Info Menu

YAY...so happy to hear you're coming back so soon, Laurel.....PLEASE be sure to call me when you reach....we gotta get together again...Ultimate is calling out our dancing feet!