Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: where can I get a cell phone in Ja to use for the trip

User Info Menu

where can I get a cell phone in Ja to use for the trip

Where can I get a cell phone to use just for the trip in Ja?

User Info Menu

They have Digicel phone service in Jamaica.You can buy it in Negril to the left of buger king the one store and across the street on the second floor there is the other store,cost around $50.00 for phone and minutes are good for 30 days service you get 1000 international minutes and 100 local.You can save the phone and just buy the same 30 day plan if you come back for around &25.00 .We have used it Two years and it worked good

User Info Menu

I used Clive for my round trip transportation and I rented a phone for $20.00 for the 10 days I was there that included 60 minutes, I used it for local and international calls and worked great, that was all I needed.

User Info Menu

we bought one a few years ago at digit cell, great if u go regularly, we swear by it, soon come

User Info Menu

i bought a digicel phone there with minutes for 61 dollars -- it seemed a little high at the time (that's one place you can't bargain), but I've returned with it a couple of times and by now have saved a lot of money!

User Info Menu

If you go the "buy" route - the cheapest phone they are selling at the Digicel store by Burger King is 3500JMD (apx $45US?), plus 1100JMD for a 30 day international plan and local time (200-1000JMD).

If you return regulary, even year to year its probably worth it to buy one. But if you are staying 2 weeks or less I don't know that you'll get the best bang for you buck with the International Plan...depends on how much time you spend on the phone back to North America. Even with "local" minutes you can talk for a decent amount of time, rates are cheap.

User Info Menu

I bought two unlocked Motorola Razers form eBay for $62