Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How Was Yesterday's Bus Bar Crawl??

User Info Menu

How Was Yesterday's Bus Bar Crawl??

I soooooooooo wished we could have been there. Tamminator woke up in middle of night, sick as a dog from too much sun, fun, and food. She tried to troop it out but by 2pm yesterday, it was clear that she was still suffering. Of course, like the great gal she is, she told me to go without her. However, I had taken this bait on a previous occasion. Rule #1 about relationships....NEVER LEAVE A SICK PARTNER IN BED SO YOU CAN GO OUT AND PARTY IN JA! Even if they beg you to...

So, how was the bus yesterday? I heard they were going to run 2 busloads due to demand!

DETAILS!!!

And, Tam is feeling better this morning, so Canoe tonight for sure! See you all there!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Glad to hear all is well!!-There was on broadcast either-I jist saw pics on FB-Looks like a heavy crowd!-There was a HEAVY crowd at Fun Hoilday!~Bless!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I wouldn't know, he never bothered to come pick me up even thoygh I spoke to him on the phone and he said he would be here in 20 minutes. Wasted my whole day over that stupid bus.

User Info Menu

The pub crawl was a blast - once we got to the starting point. The shuttle was a bit of a cluster f***. Since there were so many people wanting to go and only so many seats on the bus - they had to do a bit of shuffling. Lembert was going to pick up the beach people, drop them at Mi Yard, then come pick up the west end people - drop them at Mi Yard - then take the 1st batch to the next stop- come back and get the 2nd group and so on. He picked us up at Seastar at 1:30 (we were expecting him around 2:30) No problem ...we were ready!
    He took us all the way to the Riu to pick up people - Lembert had a list of all the stops to make and howmany at each stop. Some were not ready and I don't know if he went back for them or not. (Dudleymon - that sucks big time! Call him back and let him know!! If I see him again I will tell him for you)

I am sure that things will be better organized next time - this is the 1st time they had to work it this way that I am aware of. In the end though - we were ALL on the bus at the same time - it was crazy fun!! Next time though - I think I will try and find out where the 1st bar stop is and just meet them there. Being on the bus with a buzz on is MUCH more fun!!

Name:  IMG_6012.JPG
Views: 465
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6013.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6015.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6016.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6027.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6030.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6035.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6036.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6037.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6040.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  84.6 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_6041.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6043.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6058.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  72.1 KB

User Info Menu

Cool Bus report

Thanx.
    The Pix are great.
    A mere two weeks (minus one day) and we'll be on the bus.

Until that time.

User Info Menu

Looks like it was a BIG AZZ PARTY!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

It was a good one!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

The bar crawl approach is holistic, it is a movement to support marginalized folks on the One Love Drive
    The crawl has a powerful message ….. Letting your tourist dollars touch the lives of ordinary folks on the One Love Drive is a responsible….. Yes your patronage touche the lives of countless ordinary folks and they are always grateful
    Discover the culture; meeting the people is so much fun and always a blast,

According to trip advisor
    38. Re: One Love Bus Bar Crawl
    Dec 08, 2011, 7:50 AM
    I've attended the One Love Drive Bar Crawl at least 5 times during my extended stay in Negril. Each week, the itinerary changes and I've been to some places that I never knew existed even in my 20+ years of travelling to Negril.
    There is always a great vibe on the bus and I'm glad to see more and more people from the AI's getting out and about, supporting the small, locally owned places.
    This is a highly recommended Wednesday afternoon excursion
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...l_Jamaica.html