Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Ok,its getting closer need help with....

User Info Menu

Ok,its getting closer need help with....

About how much do you allow yourself a day for food and drinks.Or drinks and food.I drink alot,my wife doesnt drink much at all.So heres what we got 2 adult and 2 kidos 7 and 9.At Rohdes we get a free breakfast.So what i'm asking how much a day for food and drinks? 100.00 US dollars a day?-Bless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I can't calculate for your family--but for one person (me) I spent 50 a day food and drinks--but I made most of my own drinks from store-bought rum and bought beer at the store as well. I had an occasional cocktail from a bar if I was hanging out somewhere.

User Info Menu

We stay where we get breakfast also. For us as a couple with no kids we get buy on $100 per day. there are some days we spend a little more and some days we spend a little less but that is a good average. I know a lot of people that get but on much less, I think for some people it is a challenge to see just how little they can spend and if that is your idea of fun that is great. For us we want to relax and not have to worry about the money so we save all year to have a little extra to spend while we are there.

The average day

breakfast Free

lunch -- walk to Ros Roddy's Free and lunch maybe $12 for 2 or about the same to take a route taxi to town and get patties to have on the cliffs

afternoon and evening drinks at the pool 1 bottle of Appleton's $12 to $15 and another $5 on mixers

Dinner at LTU $40

If you eat dinner at say a Rockhouse add another $40 if you eat dinner at somewhere like Sharks or De Bar subtract $10

Timm

User Info Menu

You will have enough money with 100 usd per day.
    Remember people he is staying at Rhodes hall so he will not be walking to local eateries that are on the beach or nearby.
    I would plan to eat breakfast there and have lunch in my room or on the verandha what I make myself and then dine in their restaurant for dinner.That is if you are planning on eating out every day.
    I would definately get out on the main stretch of beach in Negril a few days maybe you could take the kids to margaritiville they have water trampolines and a mini playground and sometimes have games and things on.Also there is the waterpark very nearby at little cost

User Info Menu

We had free breakfast and that helpd alot with 2 teenage boys. We'd grab a quick patty at CoCo's for about $1.80 each....drinks and dinner would run us $80-$100 at nice places. We bought a bottle for cocktails in the room...that saved us ALOT. Even though we're not big drinkers, 2 or 3 each adds up. You can certainly do dinners for a lot less, like a pizza, or something from a cart, but we didn't do that. I would say $100 would be a safe bet. But my kids are 15 and 13 and have very expensive tastes....you can probably get your kids to order off the kids menu and that would save you also. Go enjoy and have fun!
    FDR Runaway Bay 2006, FDR Runaway Bay 2007, Treehouse Negril 2011

User Info Menu

Wow. We must be the King and Queen of budgeting! USD50/day, once you've paid transport/hotel et al. No, we don't eat fancy, but who needs to in the heat? You can have great meals at super restos for a good price. The Patty Hut or Sandwich Hut on One Love Dr (5 minutes walk from Sea Star once you hit the main road) makes FABULOUS patties, but go hungry - they're huge. Cost us $15 for 2 and we had leftovers. What kind? What do you want! Rhum is cheap. Beer is pretty cheap. Got Cosmos for the day and you're grand! Better than Margueritaville. Quiet. A bit away - they're at the far end of the beach going away from Negril proper - super prices! Canoe has fab food as well and a fun place to go. Real food at both places - not adapted American/Canadian. You're in JA - go for it!

User Info Menu

just remember food and drink are slightly more pricey at rhodes. If you are buying food and your own liquor then 100 a day is more than enough. enjoy