Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Fresh Herbs in Negril?????

User Info Menu

Fresh Herbs in Negril?????

Does anyone know where I can find fresh herbs other than thyme here in Jamaica? I've seen cilantro at the market once in the 2 months I've been here. I've got some feelers out right now and my friend Ras Rody is trying to get me in touch with his guy, but he's in New Mexico until March so it's slowing down the process. I'm heading home to Sofla for the weekend so maybe I'll bring back seeds and grow my own, we do that at our restaurant on Cape Cod anyway. Any help will be greatly appreciated.......

User Info Menu

you could grow some in pots.....they have oregano, basil, etc at the plant places and they grow quick. Let me know if you need more info on growing your own and I will see where my friend got her starter plants.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

come to think of it she may have started with seeds.....
    You could ck with Sam the produce guy - he may know of someone local that can provide them.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thanks Sweetness. Will do

User Info Menu

Growing your own would be the most cost effective...but can be found grown locally as Sweets said.
    You can also find fresh herbs irregularly around Negril at HiLo, Quality Traders etc...little more regular at Shoppers Fair in Sav & Mega Mart in Mobay.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 01-04-2012 at 11:38 AM.

User Info Menu

I love Mega Mart.......I actually found marshmallow fluff there for my fluffennutter. Thanks for the tip