Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who holds the NEGRIL.COM record for most cocktails/beers in one night?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Capt,

What year was this?
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Capt,

What year was this?
    1971 - 1973...Hard to remember the year. Errol was the bartender. Lionel was his relief guy......

I think Errol is gone but Lionel is still alive but has severe diabetes ...I think

Mr. Siegre is long gone but there are people on the beach who know the story.....

I'll bet Joy Reynolds knows it...
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

No this is not a per person thing but last year one afternoon at the pool between about 10 of us we managed 3 bottles of appletons, a couple six packs of red stripes and a 1/2 bottle of knob creek.

timm

User Info Menu

Glennz(Capt Red Stripe) probably holds the record for most Red Stripe Beers in Negril in one day/night........
    someone will have to ask him what is the most he has drank in day........
    I've heard over a case and then some on more than one occasion.........
    and if Badnaz(nice lady) ever offers to have a drinking contest with you........run like hell.......lol.....just ask Dale

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Not Me for Sure

In Negril my drink of choice are girly drinks and if the bartender making them knows you and you are a solo traveling female, it won't be much for numbers. At Yellowbird I had 5 made by a woman and wasn't even happy floaty, at Xtabi i have 1.5 made by the boys and start walking crooked, 5 at Xtabi = passed out in a cave if in a couple hour period. At Oceanview 2.5 by the boys get me crooked the 5 like yellowbird I would fall in the sea to never be found. I know my drinks are generally with significant amounts of overproof not equal to drinking a beer.
    The night of Sea Star last trip I know I had 13 bottles of Red Stripe during the webcast. But I think I sweated off 10 just with all the dancing. After a day of Dirty Bananas and Rum Punch which I sweated, swam , and napped off by Sea Star time.
    However I would never want this title. As grown adults who counts really I don't know anyone here near 21 Years old. Don't you just drink socially? If it's a contest lets try eating hot dogs, much better for the liver and our bodies which we are all old enough to be thankful we still have functional and we do need to be thankful. I only know numbers because I kept a daily expense journal to find what I needed to correct for future trips( this being the needed change lol) never would i for a contest or bragging purpose. I think we are all too old for that.
    To each there own but just my 2 cents and I am climbing off my red stripe box now.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

My personal best is 2 beers

User Info Menu

I have had some pretty good nightys in Negril, but never kept track of how many. Only thing I know in the morning is that it was too many!

User Info Menu

Steve(rip), a previous owner of the old Pirate's Cave Bar(cliff-side from Joseph's Cave Bar) was the heaviest drinker I ever met in Negril until he met a friend of mine
    The notorious Simo, in his day, could out drink almost any human alive.
    How much further? Oh, just around the bend.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLFA4931216CEBD1FA

User Info Menu

I don't like to drink to the point of losing control....so my preference is to partake in a little herb and mix in a few cocktails/beers throughout the day. I like to have that nice, even buzz and don't like to get really drunk. Hangovers suck!!

User Info Menu

I met a guy from Minnesota who called himself "Skippy", used to stay at the BarbBBarn, said he had the record @ 56 Red Stripes in one day.