Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who holds the NEGRIL.COM record for most cocktails/beers in one night?

User Info Menu

Beer - Glenzee gets my vote.

Over Proof - Badnaz definitely! As Marko mentioned, ask Dale about the morning after..... or was it the moring after that one???

AI Rum and cokes - I think 17 AI Rum & Cokes = One Over Proof, Tap Water, Ice and Lime from Seastar!!! Done both so I'm pretty sure this is an accurate measure!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hudson View Post
    My personal best is 2 beers
    I have you beat - 1 Red Stripe LIGHT and I'm woozy. My friends call me a cheap drunk - LOL
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

mi took a newbie to Negril and brought her to one of the old webcasts at the Boat Bar.........
    she had been drinking before the webcast and proceeded to pound down 9 appletons and pepsi's...
    after that wi went back to Coral Seas Beach(Sunset on the Beach) for happy hour........
    and she had at least another dozen meyers and pepsi's up till dinner.....
    after dinner she had to have another dozen rum and cokes up till midnight........
    then she finally passed out.......
    so I know she had over three dozen drinks that day........it was like she was drinking wata...
    you think you know somebody but you really don't till they are in another environment.....

I've still never seen anyone ever drink like that in Negril.........
    though Capt Red Stripe (Glenzz) is the legendary beer drinker in Negril for sure.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 05-19-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Marko, that is quite an accomplishment by your lady friend.

I presume this contest is for a 24 hour period only. There was one trip that I was up for approximately 60+ hours and only God and the various bartenders know how much I consumed!!! LOL

I was smoking Craven A's and couldn't get to sleep!!! Must be something in those cigs????

User Info Menu

those bartenders must see some crazy stuff. Plenty of tales to tell, I am sure. I wonder if bartenders ever 86 people in Negril.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I have you beat - 1 Red Stripe LIGHT and I'm woozy. My friends call me a cheap drunk - LOL
    I prefer to call myself an affordable date.

User Info Menu

Irie, oh YES! As a matter of fact; I have been 86'd a few times!!!!! LOL
    Those stories never made it into the trip reports!!!

User Info Menu

ha ha VVHT, love it! Full confession I have 86ed myself to my room fairly often in Negril (I guess there comes a point when I know I need to take cover) and have been embarassed more than once after too much rum in the sun. But I have never been asked to leave or refused service. Um I think some establishments were pretty patient with me.

User Info Menu

News Update for Badnaz**

Badnaz was soundly defeated last August in an OverProof shot contest at Sunbeach by Robert. Badnaz put up a valiant effort in attempt to retain her self proclaimed and much heralded title as "The Rum Queen" or "Devil Woman" (according to Dale). When the smoke cleared a staggering, beligerent Badnaz tallied 6 OP shots to Roberts 7. This was in less than 10 minutes. Robert walked away with the belt while Badnaz was screaming rematch. Unfortunately this was witnessed by many that know us.

At the rematch just 6 weeks later once again Badnaz was defeated Robert only this time 8 shots to 5 -- Robert boasted that he was now a force to be reckoned with and once again Badnaz became belligerent and shamefully fell off her seat. Patrick, Neil, and a host of new spectators cheered on this event with great fanfare.

Which brings us to the 3rd and final bout in less than 3 weeks. Once again Badnaz swears vengance and that she will reclaim her title. Look for upcoming coverage in the Gleaner and we are working a deal to have power 106 cover the match.

Jamb

User Info Menu

Dear Lord, has nobody heard of death due to alcohol poisoning? Binge drinking shots of overproof......omg.......just make sure you pass out FACE DOWN. You don't want to wake up dead with your lungs full of vomit...
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon